-1 Day and Its finally Over.

UNTLifer

if utep fires their coach would we want him here?  i watched the end and overtime of Utep on their board and Don Haskins was a great coach.  I grew up watching the miners and Haskins always had his team in the game.  To watch his team on the floor and watch our team is like night and day. Four of his five starters were out heading into overtime and he beats Arizona on their home court in the NCAA tournament.  Great coaching can make a big difference,  Hire a great coach not an unproven coach.  The PIT should be rocking.  It is funny the big seat guys who sit on the floor their seats are mostly vacant.  I bought a reserved seat for one of the games and i sat about four rows up at mid court.  I could not believe the seats did not belong to a season ticket holder.  Yeah I am all over the place.  I just hate to see how the bb team has been run into the ground.  You think Mac and Benford say you sucjk , no you suck more!  

Edited by southsideguy
  • Upvote 1

If I'm doing my math correctly, it's been 49 days since UNT's last win in men's basketball.  

Presently sitting at 6-16, of the six wins, four came against Division 1 teams (although I had to look up three of those because I had no idea).  The other two, Sul Ross State was Division III, and Texas College, was from that other glorious intercollegiate athletic organization, the NAIA.

So discounting those two non-D1 victories, UNT sits at 4-16 for a .200 winning percentage (which somehow STILL blows Todd Dodge out of the water) with eight games to play.

Best possible outcome (pre-conference tournament) is 14-16 if we count the two tomato can victories earlier in the season.  That miraculous outcome would have the team finishing the regular season at .466.

Now then, does anybody know where I can get a good deal on some pitchfork oil? How's about a good deal on a torch sharpener? 

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, KingDL1 said:

So is the 4th "D" Day? 

I have been predicting the 10th, and I'm sticking to it. My logic is that the 4th is a weekend road game. The conference tournament starts the 8th, and we won't be there. Friday the 10th allows time for the paperwork to get done and the obligatory "review, summary execution and clean out your desk" speech. JMO.

giphy.gif

25 minutes ago, EagleMBA said:

I have been predicting the 10th, and I'm sticking to it. My logic is that the 4th is a weekend road game. The conference tournament starts the 8th, and we won't be there. Friday the 10th allows time for the paperwork to get done and the obligatory "review, summary execution and clean out your desk" speech. JMO.

giphy.gif

and we wish you good luck in future employments.  Its not you tony it is us.

1 hour ago, EagleMBA said:

Well that tooooo freak'n Long!!!!!!!!

I can't take it! 

3 hours ago, EagleMBA said:

giphy.gif

His desk should already be cleaned up.  Is his house on the market?

Don't look now, but Tim Jankovich has the team in Dallas at 22-4, first place in the AAC, huge crowds and about to be ranked. Tournament bound, of course. Ah, for something like that in Denton. Alas, years away, if ever.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

42 minutes ago, TreeFiddy said:

Ranked #19 in latest poll. Think they are regretting the decision to bring in Brown?

Not one bit.  Jank will have to prove this class however that he can recruit.  Only 7 ship players, and a few graduate.  Going to be a massive rebuild if he can't reload. 

10 hours ago, Hunter Green said:

Don't look now, but Tim Jankovich has the team in Dallas at 22-4, first place in the AAC, huge crowds and about to be ranked. Tournament bound, of course. Ah, for something like that in Denton. Alas, years away, if ever.

You see what Jalie's mentor did in Tallahassee last night?  Knocked off #4 in double OT, only a week after finally beating Kim Mulkey at Baylor.

Rick

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

Stretch Run For North Texas Starts Against UTEP On BeIN Sports

North Texas To Host Four-Straight Home Games

Just got an email with the above headline. "Stretch Run" usually implies competitiveness.  Fake news?

• Upvote 2