-1 Day and Its finally Over.

UNTLifer

I'm not in any way a fan of calling for someone's job. Taking away someone's ability to support their family needs to be done as a last case scenario and not done lightly. That said, if he isn't already looking for something for next season, he's the the dumbest guy around. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

1 hour ago, Green92 said:

I'm not in any way a fan of calling for someone's job. Taking away someone's ability to support their family needs to be done as a last case scenario and not done lightly. That said, if he isn't already looking for something for next season, he's the the dumbest guy around. 

Coaching changes are part of the deal in the sports world so don't shed a tear, it is part of what a coach signs up for. Getting to ride out a contract with Benford's results might make him one of the luckiest coaches in College Basketball. 

Remind me, besides Womens Soccer, which sports have been successful on a consistent basis the past 10-15 years?  Bad sports teams, bad attendance, bad AD, etc.  And we wonder why attendance is down at athletic sporting events, MG Club membership down, and donations to athletics are paltry considering the number of students at UNT.  Plus the 200,000 alumni living in the Metroplex.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Green92 said:

Maybe you don't understand that he gets paid the remainder of his contract whether he is fired or not? 

There is no downside for him or UNT. Just can his ass already.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 3

9 hours ago, Green92 said:

must suck to make hundreds of thousands of dollars...then get fired and still get that cash...

• Upvote 3

On 1/27/2017 at 6:10 PM, DeepGreen said:

Remind me, besides Womens Soccer, which sports have been successful on a consistent basis the past 10-15 years?  Bad sports teams, bad attendance, bad AD, etc.  And we wonder why attendance is down at athletic sporting events, MG Club membership down, and donations to athletics are paltry considering the number of students at UNT.  Plus the 200,000 alumni living in the Metroplex.

God bless our women's soccer program but even they have never enjoyed a breakout season.  People wonder why it is hard to recruit here, win here, etc etc. but the baggage we carry is tremendous. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On 1/27/2017 at 5:10 PM, DeepGreen said:

Men's golf has been pretty solid, 4 conference titles since 2000 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Nobody attends a college golf match and very few, other than blood relatives, attend a women's soccer game.  And I don't recall the last time I heard of a college golf or women's soccer story on the 10:00 sports.  Just sayin'.

GO MEAN GREEN

Edited by greenjoe
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

On 1/29/2017 at 1:09 PM, KingDL1 said:

@UNTLifer I adjusted your countdown to 34 if that is ok. I am just getting excited. If you like I will change it back.

Keep changing it daily, since I don't have that ability!

• Downvote 1

On 1/28/2017 at 9:02 PM, wardly said:

J.J. is going to lose his job at L.S.U. as well.

I really hope he applies and competes with the other applicants for our job. I want the best person here whether it is Jones or not but adding him to the candidate pool certainly doesn't hurt.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

On January 29, 2017 at 9:43 AM, greenjoe said:

Nobody attends a college golf match and very few, other than blood relatives, attend a women's soccer game.  And I don't recall the last time I heard of a college golf or women's soccer story on the 10:00 sports.  Just sayin'.

GO MEAN GREEN

Hmmmmmm...I attend UNT soccer games and have attended several college golf matches.  But, I definitely see your point.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2