Oct. 7  Bye
 Oct. 14  UTSA
 Oct. 21  at Florida Atlantic
 Oct. 28  OLD DOMINION
 Nov. 4  at Louisiana Tech
 Nov. 11  UTEP
 Nov. 18  ARMY
 Nov. 25  at Rice

Finally got those 3 Texas teams modified so that we don't have to play all 3 home or away each year!

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

FOOTBALL

North Texas Releases 2017 Football Schedule

Mean Green Face Six Bowl Teams From Last Season, Host Lamar In Season-Opener

DENTON Conference USA released its 2016 football schedule Thursday, setting the stage for head coach Seth Littrell’s second season in charge of the program. As it did in 2016, North Texas will play six home games and six road contests, and will have a midseason bye week.

The Mean Green enter 2017 after a successful first season under Littrell’s guidance. North Texas improved its win total from the previous season by four, improved its scoring average by 9.6 points per game and its scoring defense by 8.7 points per game. The year culminated with an appearance in the Zaxby’s Heart of Dallas Bowl.

This year's non-conference schedule features home dates against Lamar and Army, as well as road games to Iowa and Metroplex rival, SMU.

“We are excited to challenge ourselves this fall against a schedule of very good opponents and happy to have the opportunity to continue the growth of this program,” Littrell said. “Having now seen the quality of coaches and players in Conference USA, we know what it takes to compete at the top level. We hope our fans continue this journey with us by buying season tickets and packing Apogee stadium in 2017.”      

After opening with Lamar on Saturday, Sept. 2 at home, the Mean Green will face SMU for the fourth consecutive season, with this matchup taking place in Dallas at Gerald J. Ford Stadium on Sept. 9. It marks the 37th meeting all-time between the two.

On Sept. 16, the Mean Green travel to Iowa for only their second-ever meeting with the Hawkeyes, after the two faced off in Iowa City in 2015.

The non-conference schedule concludes on Nov. 18 with a Zaxby’s Heart of Dallas Bowl rematch with Army. The Mean Green faced the Black Knights twice in 2016, defeating them 35-18 in West Point, New York, on Oct. 22, and falling 38-31 in overtime on Dec. 27 in the bowl game. It will be the third meeting between North Texas and Army in the last 13 months.

The Mean Green’s Conference USA slate kicks off as they welcome back UAB to conference play on Sept. 23 at Apogee Stadium. Dates on Oct. 14 with UTSA, Oct. 28 with Old Dominion and Nov. 11 with UTEP round out the home conference schedule.

North Texas travels to Southern Miss on Sept. 30, Florida Atlantic on Oct. 21, Louisiana Tech on Nov. 4 and Rice to close the regular season on Nov. 25.

It is important to note that all games are subject to date changes and some dates are expected to move in the coming weeks in order accommodate national television. Game times have not yet been determined.

Season tickets for 2017 are set to go on sale on Wednesday, Feb. 1, coinciding with National Signing Day. Fans will be able to purchase tickets through the Mean Green athletics ticket office. For more information, visit MeanGreenSports.com or call the ticket office at 940-565-2527 or 800-868-2366.

Follow along with National Signing Day at MeanGreenSports.com/SigningDay for up to the minute updates on the 2017 Mean Green signing class, as well as information on all signing day-related multimedia and events. Be sure to also follow @MeanGreenFB, @UNTGridiron, @SethLittrell and @MeanGreenSports on Twitter for more signing day content.

http://grfx.cstv.com/graphics/spacer.gif

2017 North Texas Football Schedule

Sept. 2

LAMAR

Sept. 9

at SMU

Sept. 16

at Iowa

Sept. 23

UAB

Sept. 30

at Southern Miss

Oct. 7

Bye

Oct. 14

UTSA

Oct. 21

at Florida Atlantic

Oct. 28

OLD DOMINION

Nov. 4

at Louisiana Tech

Nov. 11

UTEP

Nov. 18

ARMY

Nov. 25

at Rice

CAPS – Home Game

Bold – Conference USA game

We need to play someone like Lamar just as Iowa needs to play us.Six wins looks within reach.SMU,Iowa,So. Miss,ODU,LA.Tech look like loses, but its just January. Injuries and academics play a large roll in what we will put on the field in September.Good schedule, especially the bye week before UTSA.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Rice Stadium is going to be pretty empty on 11/25.  Since it's Thanksgiving weekend, I don't expect many NT fans to make the trip, not like this year.

But... I'll be there - it's a "home game" for me!

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Stix said:

Rice Stadium is going to be pretty empty on 11/25.  Since it's Thanksgiving weekend, I don't expect many NT fans to make the trip, not like this year.

But... I'll be there - it's a "home game" for me!

Me too!

1 hour ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

I see 8 wins

I predict six.

18 minutes ago, Moobs said:

So nice to have 6 actual home games!

What the hell do you mean SMU is a home game?

Good riddance...

Come on dude........we bring as many into that stadium as they do.  It's pretty much a home game.  Dominate Lamar, as we should, and you could see a great turnout there (gonna have to advertise though Batchelder).