Tavares Thomas Jr. (Navarro JC) [LOI: MTSU]

13 hours ago, TreeFiddy said:

Looks like he is from Rosenberg so maybe also a buddy of McClain.

Ah, Rosenberg!  Fort Bend County, great ranches, lots of Czechs in the area & used to be a post-Texas Friday Night football game stop for our Danbury Panthers team at a place called Bill Williams Fried Chicken.  I'm guessing it's no longer around.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On 1/18/2017 at 8:30 AM, TreeFiddy said:

Looks like he is from Rosenberg so maybe also a buddy of McClain.

He went to Lamar Consolidated while McClain went to BF Terry. They are cross town rivals.

13 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

Ah, Rosenberg!  Fort Bend County, great ranches, lots of Czechs in the area & used to be a post-Texas Friday Night football game stop for our Danbury Panthers team at a place called Bill Williams Fried Chicken.  I'm guessing it's no longer around.

I never knew of Bill Williams Chicken, my dad might, but they still have Hartz chicken  there and it is still good.

Edited by Cr1028

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 8:16 AM, AustinFromUNT said:

https://www.twitter.com/Tjr27_/status/821546066755678208 Received an offer from us. DB from Navarro (Devlin's recommendation maybe?) 

http://www.hudl.com/profile/1331877/tavares-thomas/about

Love this tape. Hope we get him over Middle Tennessee.

• Upvote 2

Really, really aggressive on the pass rush. Reminds me of Wheeler, maybe a little more disciplined or better at reading his keys. Obviously highlights aren't going to highlight his weaknesses though. Tackles well, stays in his zone or with his man in coverage. Comes downhill really quickly.

Just now, Caw Caw said:

Really, really aggressive on the pass rush. Reminds me of Wheeler, maybe a little more disciplined or better at reading his keys. Obviously highlights aren't going to highlight his weaknesses though. Tackles well, stays in his zone or with his man in coverage. Comes downhill really quickly.

Not crazy about his size. Would like to see bigger guys. 

7 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

Not crazy about his size. Would like to see bigger guys. 

I get that, but if you watch how he reads plays, I think it compensates. He would have been a great help against army, where discipline on the edges and reading the keys really really hurt us. 

If I read Vito's report correctly, his vist to Murfreesboro is without an offer on the table.  His decision to take that visit and delay a trip to Denton seems like he's patient and calculated in making the decision.

This should be good news for the Mean Green...he won't be pressured into signing without visiting Denton and if he's making the final pitch, this guy won't be denied...