Lack of change inside the AD

UNT90

For most of my adult life post-1976 graduation I feel our school leadership  has squandered our athletic program & its ability to advance.  ➡️ FWIW...All this is what Wren Baker has inherited & why I think he needs more time than just 1 year to lay a solid foundation & not just build a quick fix on sand--we've had that too many other times & look at its results?

Yet If you'd told me that while a student & then 1 year after my graduation that that run of 4 consecutive winning seasons would not be duplicated to this day I would have said you were crazy. 

➡️✳️➡️ Good news is...our situation never duplicated or was as dismal as Kansas State's  before Bill Snyder came to town so with that.....there is hope.

? Call me crazy, but I really  like our chances with this present group--sort of a 6'th sense kind of thing I guess. We are due for our pendulum to swing back, though, & the direction we all want it to.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

For most of my adult life post-1976 graduation I feel our school leadership  has squandered our athletic program & its ability to advance.  ➡️ FWIW...All this is what Wren Baker has inherited & why I think he needs more time than just 1 year to lay a solid foundation & not just build a quick fix on sand--we've had that too many other times & look at its results?

Yet If you'd told me that while a student & then 1 year after my graduation that that run of winning seasons would not be duplicated to this day I would have said you were crazy. 

➡️✳️➡️ Good news is...our situation never duplicated or was as dismal as Kansas State's  before Bill Snyder came to town so with that.....there is hope.

? Call me crazy, but I really  like our chances with this present group--sort of a 6'th sense kind of thing I guess. We are due for our pendulum to swing back, though, & the direction we all want it to.

Of course, that feeling could just be gas.  Either way, things should sort themselves out soon.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, UNT90 said:

Isn't it a sign of just a terrible university culture that the leaders are NEVER in front of the curve when it comes to making these changes?

Where in history has a coach ever been fired before fans thought he should be (not counting Jimmy Johnson)?

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, jtm0097 said:

@UNT90 doesn't like Whataburger. Never trust a Texan that doesn't like Whataburger.

Never trust a Texan that glorifies fast food. ?

46 minutes ago, Mickey said:

Where in history has a coach ever been fired before fans thought he should be (not counting Jimmy Johnson)?

Tom Landry 

Bobby Bowden

Edited by UNT90
  • Downvote 7

5 minutes ago, jtm0097 said:

Whataburger's 893,000 followers on twitter would disagree with you.  

On a serious note, I think you give Wren and co at least 2 years. It takes time to overhaul an entire department. 

I don't necessarily disagree, but we need to see some action before 2 years. So far he hasn't moved on Benford (even though he is 0-5 in conference), Nitardy still has a job, and not one high ranking person from one of the worst performing ADs in America has been issued walking papers. I'm willing to give him till summer on AD personnel and to the end of this road trip on Benford (it's past time), but I'm not willing to wait 2 years to see slight movement.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 13

Just now, UNTFan23 said:

Time is relative but the past few years this has been a miserable place to talk about all thing North Texas.

Yeah, though I recall that "shouting" wasn't that uncommon when I joined the board. I do think it's not as bad as this time last year.

Shoot, most places on the 'net have at least some of that.