'18 WR Ke'von Ahmad (Colleyville Heritage)

BTG_Fan1

1 hour ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Idk SDSU I think is the likely ending place, I believe.. he is great friends with the QB they got last year from Colleyville Heritage.. looks like GH brother isn’t on the staff at CH anymore either.

Brother left staff last season. San Diego is power run all day.  Usually lead nation in rushing 

1 hour ago, GMG24 said:

Brother left staff last season. San Diego is power run all day.  Usually lead nation in rushing 

If the kid is happy let him go there.. it’s a huge advantage because of the QB

would love to pair him with Dove and current WR Commit.

Edited by BTG_Fan1

9 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

No doubt, I'll never fault a kid for choosing a location or school.  But if football is the reason you're going to school why not go to a system that can display your ability not have you being an extra blocker 85/90% of the time.  Again San Diego is beautiful so he's got that going too. 

11 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

What current WR commit?  We have 3 safeties, 3 OL's, 2 QB's, 2 LB's and 1 DT.

2 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

What current WR commit?  We have 3 safeties, 3 OL's, 2 QB's, 2 LB's and 1 DT.

Austin Ogunmakin WR Alief Hastings HS.  I made a thread about when we offered back in July. 

We 

3 star composites on 247. 

Edited by GMG24
  • Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

3 hours ago, GMG24 said:

Austin Ogunmakin WR Alief Hastings HS.  I made a thread about when we offered back in July. 

We 

3 star composites on 247. 

My bad.  I have been just looking at my list in the weekly results thread.  Thanks for the reminder.  He's going to be a good one.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
39 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

The boost that this classed needed is starting to crumble. 

Fat lady hasn't sung yet but..

I think our connections & rapport with  the Texas HS coaching fraternity is worse than maybe we previously thought.

➡️ I do not blame the present staff because it took years to create this vacuum & may take as long to correct it.  I will question, though, the hiring of a new HS Recruiting Coordinator from Kentucky, but that is novice fan talk of which there is plenty of that on any fan forum.

Still, none of this makes sense because of our location, our fabulous football venue & an upcoming Indoor Practice Facility.  As we know, our school is as academically sound as some in the Big 12,  but it just still bothers the hell out of me that (at present) we have had many more better recruiting classes when we had the worst college football stadium in the Southwest.

But.....2 or 3 more surprises or last minute flips the next few days can still make this class the best one we've had since leaving venerable Fouts Field for fabulous Apogee Stadium.  Hope springs eternal. 

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

Fat lady hasn't sung yet but..

I think our connections & rapport with  the Texas HS coaching fraternity is worse than maybe we previously thought.

➡️ I do not blame the present staff because it took years to create this vacuum & may take as long to correct it.  I will question, though, the hiring of a new HS Recruiting Coordinator from Kentucky, but that is novice fan talk of which there is plenty of that on any fan forum.

Still, none of this makes sense because of our location, our fabulous football venue & an upcoming Indoor Practice Facility.  As we know, our school is as academically sound as some in the Big 12,  but it just still bothers the hell out of me that (at present) we have had many more better recruiting classes when we had the worst college football stadium in the Southwest.

But.....2 or 3 more surprises or last minute flips the next few days can still make this class the best one we've had since leaving venerable Fouts Field for fabulous Apogee Stadium.  Hope springs eternal. 

GMG!

The fat lady definitely hasn't sang. 

Our recent losing, pre-Seth Littrell era, did this program in a bit. Todd Dodge ruined the program in some ways. Dan McCarney cemented the ruins. Rick Villareall sat back and watched it happen and condoned it in many ways while he collected. We have to keep simply winning more than we lose. With consistency. 

The hire new hire was a bit weird and smells of shoulder rubbing, the coaching circle way. 

Recruiters recruit, regardless of their surroundings, facilities, academic pedigree. That's why many assistant "coaches" are coaches in the first place at this level. They are personable and know how to communicate a program in the highest degree to get kids and their families to listen. So, I am tired of that gimmick excuse, though I am not directly saying you are making it in this very post. 

Lastly, this class HAS to have 3 to 4 good to great gets to not finish in double digits again in CUSA. It's a must. And going on a 3rd recruiting class for a coaching regime, there is literally no excuse. The facilities in the works, the relative success on the field...There is no excuse. 

• Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1