Chasen Hines C'O 2018

11 minutes ago, AustinFromUNT said:

I would say with a strong performance next season and the coaches staying after him, there is a chance of him coming our way. Also depends on how badly the other schools want him and how many other OG/DTs they pick up who are better, but at the very least we're competing with these big schools.

Put down the green kool aid, I think someone spiked it.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 6

56 minutes ago, jtm0097 said:

Put down the green kool aid, I think someone spiked it.

In the words of Lee Corso, "Not so fast my friend."  The Baylor, UT and Minnesota offers were from the previous staffs, so who knows if those offers are still good.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

20 hours ago, jtm0097 said:

I am from East Texas, and know people on the Marshall coaching staff. Don't shoot the messenger. From what I have heard, he is holding out for an LSU offer.

Most East TX kids seem to love Louisiana as it seems to fit them better.  Do you find that to be true? 

2 hours ago, GMG24 said:

Most East TX kids seem to love Louisiana as it seems to fit them better.  Do you find that to be true? 

A lot of the college towns in Louisiana are really small. I think it's easier for them to adjust. Just a personal theory. I almost went to ULM. They offered me a couple of scholarships, but I didn't want to go out of state. I turned them down after I visited Monroe lol.

As a REALTOR here in Denton, I follow the towns growth and Denton County is one of the fastest growing counties in the nation. Denton itself is busting at the seams from people trying to move here. The inventory is bad because of this and home values are sky rocketing due to people doing anything and everything to get a home here.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, jtm0097 said:

A lot of the college towns in Louisiana are really small. I think it's easier for them to adjust. Just a personal theory. I almost went to ULM. They offered me a couple of scholarships, but I didn't want to go out of state. I turned them down after I visited Monroe lol.

Is that the sweet sweet smell of success in the air as you are entering Monroe from the West?

Edited by TreeFiddy
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

@jtm0097 thanks for the update.

So listen even though we didn't land the kid -- I take this as a win...  see we worked strategically in a way where if the LSU offer didn't happen we were well positioned.  That is how you win in recruiting at our level.  It is a good sign and I hope to see it happening more.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...