Women's Basketball at UNT

KRAM1

Since so many on here have stopped attending men's basketball games at UNT and say it is all because of Benford, I am wondering why those same folks are not showing up for the women's games in support of one of our own...Jalie Mitchell?  Many schools really support their teams...men and women.  If one isn't a fan of men's basketball at UNT right now, why not show some support for the women?  I get the fact that some just do not care for the women's game, and that was definitely me up until a few years ago.  I started attending a few and the game sort of grew on me.  At UNT, Jalie's teams have really shown some fight, and they just do not seem to give up.  They work extremely hard on and off the court to support UNT.  Why not come pout and see if supporting the women can help give you the college home basketball fix you might be missing?  

Today's game tips off at three pm...Green room, for Mean Green Club members, opens at 2pm...and it is $1.00 hot dog day.  Cold and messy day outside...why not come to the Super Pit and support UNT basketball?

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 4

Wasn't that long ago that maybe 3-5 people on here (including myself) would even post anything about UNT basketball.  

I often wondered where all the many Johnny Come Lately fans came from that now complain about what Benford took from them. 

Im for a change but will continue to support the program because I love the sport (regardless of the coach and/or record. 

My high school, a former state power, is as bad as I ever remember. The crowd is staying away. The future looks bright and it's still exciting to see the young kids develop. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 6

It doesn't help that a lot of the girls games are played at the same time as the men.  I haven't seen a lot of girls games since they stopped having the conference double headers.  

There is some logic to this, as there are home games most weeks, but although I like  wbb, most games are not worth to me the couple of hours total travel time.   Particularly, if it conflicts with the video of the MBB game.  

• Upvote 2

On 1/14/2017 at 1:11 PM, KRAM1 said:

Since so many on here have stopped attending men's basketball games at UNT and say it is all because of Benford, I am wondering why those same folks are not showing up for the women's games in support of one of our own...Jalie Mitchell?  Many schools really support their teams...men and women.  If one isn't a fan of men's basketball at UNT right now, why not show some support for the women?  I get the fact that some just do not care for the women's game, and that was definitely me up until a few years ago.  I started attending a few and the game sort of grew on me.  At UNT, Jalie's teams have really shown some fight, and they just do not seem to give up.  They work extremely hard on and off the court to support UNT.  Why not come pout and see if supporting the women can help give you the college home basketball fix you might be missing?  

Today's game tips off at three pm...Green room, for Mean Green Club members, opens at 2pm...and it is $1.00 hot dog day.  Cold and messy day outside...why not come to the Super Pit and support UNT basketball?

IMHO, as men's basketball goes, so goes basketball in general at NT. Winning will cure all ills. I hope.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3