C-USA standings

@UNTSportsFan

We have two winnable games on this road trip in my opinion, but because they are road games, I wouldn't be surprised with three more straight losses. Then you return home to play a team that hung over 100 on you earlier this season. It's really sad to see a talented group of guys have their efforts wasted, and it's really depressing knowing that we're going to have to wait until the end of the season to see Benford go.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Matt from A700 said:

We have two winnable games on this road trip in my opinion, but because they are road games, I wouldn't be surprised with three more straight losses. Then you return home to play a team that hung over 100 on you earlier this season. It's really sad to see a talented group of guys have their efforts wasted, and it's really depressing knowing that we're going to have to wait until the end of the season to see Benford go.

We won't have to wait until the end of the year. Of this I'm fairly certain. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

5 hours ago, oldguystudent said:

I did a little research.  I found out how bad things are.  The Trilli led North Texas teams of the Big West ran roughshod over my other alma mater.  

I love how someone in here is giving negative ones for these responses. Apparently it's not liked by someone to expose how bad we are. I am fairly certain benford is rummaging through here. 

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 3

9 hours ago, Travis said:

I love how someone in here is giving negative ones for these responses. Apparently it's not liked by someone to expose how bad we are. I am fairly certain benford is rummaging through here. 

There are elements on both extremes of the spectrum.  There are some who are incapable of ever seeing anything good about UNT or its programs and lash out at anybody who ever says anything positive.  Then there are those who are incapable of ever seeing anything negative about UNT or its programs and lash out at anybody who ever dare criticize.  

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

To me it is just sad that Wren allowed him to coach and wreck this season and fanbase another year.  Don't you think an assistant could have gotten 6 wins?  I used to travel into town when living in far away places to watch football and would catch basketball games over the Christmas break.  Now I live 45 minutes from the Superpit and haven't been to a game in years.  It is sad that we have one spectator friendly sport that spans 5 months of a very long year to get excited about.  I see that Dave Rice is now on the Nevada coaching staff former player and head coach of UNLV.  He wrecked the Running Rebels much like Benford has in Denton.  The longer they stayed the more damage they enacted.  Even the Vegas fanbase is numb and turned off.  Imagine the work ahead for this AD and next regime.

Go Mean Green!!!!!

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

I have to agree with NM Green, if we cut him lose now at lease we can look forward to a new head coach.  Right now it is dead men walking in the Super Pit.  I have gone to a few games (have not bought season tickets in two years).  The crowd is not into the game and it is a quiet place.  I think it will take a while to build the fan base back.  On the plus side parking is easy to find.  I go to the games expecting to lose now.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

3 hours ago, NM Green said:

To me it is just sad that Wren allowed him to coach and wreck this season and fanbase another year.  Don't you think an assistant could have gotten 6 wins?  I used to travel into town when living in far away places to watch football and would catch basketball games over the Christmas break.  Now I live 45 minutes from the Superpit and haven't been to a game in years.  It is sad that we have one spectator friendly sport that spans 5 months of a very long year to get excited about.  I see that Dave Rice is now on the Nevada coaching staff former player and head coach of UNLV.  He wrecked the Running Rebels much like Benford has in Denton.  The longer they stayed the more damage they enacted.  Even the Vegas fanbase is numb and turned off.  Imagine the work ahead for this AD and next regime.

Go Mean Green!!!!!

I can't tell you what year I last went to a basketball game.  I get -1s every time I make that statement, but I don't say it because I'm angry or anything.  It's just become something that I truly don't care about.  I'm also not the world's biggest fan of the sport of basketball in and of itself, so that's part of the thing for me personally.  

All that nonsense stated, I think that's a bit more dangerous to let fans flat out stop caring than it is to make fans angry.  Putting it completely out of mind is not a way to grow a fan base.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1