DMN DFW Top 100 - UNT has only 1 commitment

gangrene

I guess the local kids were relatively unimpressed with our 2016 season and/or coaching staff?  I know the DFW Area Top 100 isn't the best list of recruits but, damn, I sure expected to see more than one commitment and one additional recruit listing a UNT offer. 

We're getting out-recruited by Texas State (4 commitments), right in our own backyard.

SportsDay’s Top 100 for the Class of 2017

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

What I find crazy is that all these WR's from the DFW area are going to Colorado. I know you have to love competition to be in the sport but do they not pay attention to who else is coming to their school? They have 17 Returning WR

Jaylon Jackson   Cedar Hill      Committed to Colorado

Chris Miller    Denton                Committed to Colorado

KD Nixon       DeSoto                Committed to Colorado

Laviska Shenault       DeSoto    Committed to Colorado

Which Leaves the question.....Whos Coming back home?

Edited by Withers940
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Withers940 said:

What I find crazy is that all these WR's from the DFW area are going to Colorado. I know you have to love competition to be in the sport but do they not pay attention to who else is coming to their school? They have 17 Returning WR

Jaylon Jackson   Cedar Hill      Committed to Colorado

Chris Miller    Denton                Committed to Colorado

KD Nixon       DeSoto                Committed to Colorado

Laviska Shenault       DeSoto    Committed to Colorado

Which Leaves the question.....Whos Coming back home?

Momentum for Colorado Buffaloes’ recruiting success started before wins piled up

“When I first got to back to Colorado, we had sat down as a staff and talked about getting back into Texas heavily. We ended up putting five coaches down there to recruit, really hit the high schools and really develop relationships with the coaches and the players.

I'm sure Mary Jane plays no factor in the CU recruiting process.

5 College Football Players Who Would Have Chosen Colorado With New Weed Laws

Edited by gangrene

6 minutes ago, Withers940 said:

So Colorado's "Big Pull" is the Weed law? Come on now, I dont buy that S#@^ for a minute

Heh...that's what I was thinking.  However, I think they still drug test the athlete, and weed is a no-no.  Colorado Supreme Court has also already ruled that employers can fire employees for marijuana use...even off-duty use:

http://www.denverpost.com/2015/06/15/colorado-supreme-court-employers-can-fire-for-off-duty-pot-use/

Of course...I'm probably stretching it a bit to think that prep athletes have kept up with legal rulings re: dope laws in any state, much less one far away from home.  They might just hear the hype and be drawn.

Unfortunately, though..."ignorance of the law is no excuse."  So.

To me, the bigger story is that Littrell & Co. were "supposed" to be big draws, have better relationship building skills, etc. than the former coaches. 

I always thought that was complete bullsh*t and still do.  Players understand UNT is UNT.  It will take consistent winning to change the view of UNT. 

2 hours ago, gangrene said:

I guess the local kids were relatively unimpressed with our 2016 season and/or coaching staff?  I know the DFW Area Top 100 isn't the best list of recruits but, damn, I sure expected to see more than one commitment and one additional recruit listing a UNT offer. 

We're getting out-recruited by Texas State (4 commitments), right in our own backyard.

SportsDay’s Top 100 for the Class of 2017

I know Calloway has a NT offer, we are listed in the "and more" part of that equation.

Edit: Also Kaegun Williams, Xavier Newman, Reggie Roberson, Sam Crawford, and I'm sure I missed one here or there.

Edited by Cr1028

Perhaps if we put together a string of something we haven't done since my student days we will then start getting 2'nd looks?  

North Texas is not a hard sell for crissakes. Look at our total package?  When UT & OU leave the Big 12 our stock will continue to rise but we just need to take care of business now. Bloom where planted.

On 1/12/2017 at 0:36 PM, gangrene said:

Nope. The guy hired by Colorado is why they're dominating in DFW he's always recruited DFW solid

Most every school never signs all they covet.    

Once again, remember that era when North Texas played a perennial Top 10 recruiting class school back on their Longhorn hooves?  As Ricky Ricardo would ask...esplain'?

➡️G5 schools must have talent evaluators & be all but predictor/soothsayers among its staff who can get a good read how much larger a kid will grow at the college level & will his speed be an asset or a deficit.

Boise State coaching staffs had that in common for years, but they also made sure most of their "project"  kids had quickness & speed, too.  One of their teams with that trait once beat the mighty OU Sooners in one of the most exciting bowl games ever.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2