MGB: Benford says Frazier OK after MRI, accident

Brett Vito

So Fraizer didn't need to be transported from the accident scene, didn't claim an injury to the officer working the accident, yet couldn't shoot a text to the head coach letting him know the situation? Keep in mind he would have been on his way to pregame shoot around well before game time. 

Bad smell around this incident. Really bad. 

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, UNT90 said:

So Fraizer didn't need to be transported from the accident scene, didn't claim an injury to the officer working the accident, yet couldn't shoot a text to the head coach letting him know the situation? Keep in mind he would have been on his way to pregame shoot around well before game time. 

Bad smell around this incident. Really bad. 

It was reported that he was with the team earlier in the day for the pregame shoot around. It's possible Benford knew but didn't want to say for privacy reasons. 

This incident is pretty good fodder for jokes now that we know Frazier is ok, but I'm not that concerned about Benford's handling of this incident. Benford shouldn't have even been here to handle it so the blame lies elsewhere, IMO.

Edited by Army of Dad
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Army of Dad said:

It was reported that he was with the team earlier in the day for the pregame shoot around. It's possible Benford knew but didn't want to say for privacy reasons. 

This incident is pretty good fodder for jokes now that we know Frazier is ok, but I'm not that concerned about Benford's handling of this incident. Benford shouldn't have even been here to handle it so the Blane lies elsewhere, IMO.

Wait. So he lies about not knowing about it then possibly lies about the hospital visit and that isn't an issue? 

It seems that the hospital story could be a cover, and there is no way to verify the truth because HIPPA prevents the hospital from even acknowledging treatment was given.

No injury claimed to the responding officer at the scene makes this excuse extremely suspicious. Maybe Frazier went all

giphy_s.gif

And then Benford went all 

200w_s.gif

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 4

50 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Wait. So he lies about not knowing about it then possibly lies about the hospital visit and that isn't an issue? 

It seems that the hospital story could be a cover, and there is no way to verify the truth because HIPPA prevents the hospital from even acknowledging treatment was given.

No injury claimed to the gym driver at the scene makes this excuse extremely suspicious. Maybe Frazier went all

giphy_s.gif

And then Benford went all 

200w_s.gif

IF (caps intentional) Benford lied in this manner for this issue I can live with it (though a 'no comment' would be better). It's not even close to the worst thing he's done here, again big IF. If he didn't know where Frazier was I can live with that too. He might not be any good at it, but he did have a game to coach and there's little he could do about Frazier at that time anyway.

As for the pics, now we are on to the funny stuff. Well done. ??

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

@UNT90, I'm with you man. Smells funny and I want Benford gone as bad as you but I thought Vito called the hospital and verified that Frazier was there in an earlier blog post, no?

The hospital can't confirm that he was even there. HIPPA doesn't allow it. It makes for the perfect excuse (if it is one). The articles reference the info coming from Benford and the AD. 

I don't believe Benford when he said he knew all along. The absolute WORST thing to say was he had no idea where Frazier was, which means it was a moment of rare truthfulness. And there was no reason for Frazier not to notify coaches.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

The hospital can't confirm that he was even there. HIPPA doesn't allow it. It makes for the perfect excuse (if it is one). The articles reference the info coming from Benford and the AD. 

I don't believe Benford when he said he knew all along. The absolute WORST thing to say was he had no idea where Frazier was, which means it was a moment of rare truthfulness. And there was no reason for Frazier not to notify coaches.

I was referring to this one although the timeline is sketchy.

A spokesman at Denton Presbyterian confirmed that Frazier was in the emergency room just before 7 p.m. Saturday night and was awaiting the results of tests performed there.

Edited by Cr1028

8 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

I was referring to this one although the timeline is sketchy.

Didn't see that. Surprising they would confirm it, especially as he was awaiting treatment.

Why you bustin' up my conspiracy theory? ?

Still doesn't mean Fraizer got frustrated after the accident, didn't show, and needed the ER excuse later. This wouldn't even be a consideration of Benford had simply said "no comment" in the post game news conference. He didn't. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, UNT90 said:

Didn't see that. Surprising they would confirm it, especially as he was awaiting treatment.

Why you bustin' up my conspiracy theory? ?

Still doesn't mean Fraizer got frustrated after the accident, didn't show, and needed the ER excuse later. This wouldn't even be a consideration of Benford had simply said "no comment" in the post game news conference. He didn't. 

Man, seriously, I wish your conspiracy was true, anything to get this clown show to move on down the road. I was thinking that perhaps he spoke with Benford after the game and they came up with the hospital excuse to cover for him skipping out.

3 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

Man, seriously, I wish your conspiracy was true, anything to get this clown show to move on down the road. I was thinking that perhaps he spoke with Benford after the game and they came up with the hospital excuse to cover for him skipping out.

Not out of the question. Benford needs to win games, and not have Frazier hurts that effort. If it had been true that Frazier skipped out, Benford would have been forced to discipline Frazier. It would also be a distraction this team doesn't need right now.

Again, a simple "no comment" in the post game press conference alleviates the suspicion and makes the "I knew where he was all along" much more believable. I guess he is as good at press conferences as he is at coaching basketball.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

college sports to me yes, like it better than pro any sport.  I just saying if Frazier is available would it matter if we win or not.  I not sure if we had larry bird and magic johnson on the court we could win with the current coach.  They would most likely never be on the court at the same time.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, southsideguy said:

college sports to me yes, like it better than pro any sport.  I just saying if Frazier is available would it matter if we win or not.  I not sure if we had larry bird and magic johnson on the court we could win with the current coach.  They would most likely never be on the court at the same time.

Ah, no, it wouldn't. I agree. 

Praying for this to end soon.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1