Middle Tennessee 1/7/17

Army of Dad

Middle visits the Super Pit and @TheTastyGreek will miss seeing Combs play again.

Game starts at 2:00, I'll be there and managed to convince a buddy to come to the game. I think he's bringing his sons so that might make me an accessory to child abuse or neglect...

I don't see how a Benford coached team beats what should be a really good muts team, but his teams seem to pull off one win every year they "shouldn't" so it's possible we get our first conference win today.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Army of Dad said:

I don't see how a Benford coached team beats what should be a really good muts team, but his teams seem to pull off one win every year they "shouldn't" so it's possible we get our first conference win today.

giphy.gif

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Army of Dad said:

Middle visits the Super Pit and @TheTastyGreek will miss seeing Combs play again.

Game starts at 2:00, I'll be there and managed to convince a buddy to come to the game. I think he's bringing his sons so that might make me an accessory to child abuse or neglect...

BWWWWHHHHHAAAAAA!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

19 minutes ago, CMJ said:

I'll be out at a historical re-enactment of the Battles of Rio San Gabriel and La Mesa.  No listening for me.

I feel like you should give us updates from the reenactment.

Depending on how the game goes it might be a nice distraction for anyone attending (admittedly a very small portion of the population) or listening (possible also a very small audience).

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Army of Dad said:

Can't think of a more quiet place to put the little ones down for a nap. 

Middle wins by 20 plus. Chance for a win was Thursday. 

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

40 minutes ago, UNT90 said:

Can't think of a more quiet place to put the little ones down for a nap. 

Middle wins by 20 plus. Chance for a win was Thursday. 

Looks like the students must be back so it's not really quite right now. Not great over all attendance but looks to be double and change the UAB game. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 6

1 hour ago, CMJ said:

I'll be out at a historical re-enactment of the Battles of Rio San Gabriel and La Mesa.  No listening for me.

At least you will witness offensive fireworks from both the good guys and the bad guys.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Just now, Army of Dad said:

15-11 good guys. Combs and Brown with six each and Reese headed to the line. 13:17

We are playing well and moving on and off ball on offense. I'm wonder where Frazier is. I know he had a serious nagging injury, but I'm unsure if he suits up again. I feel really bad for him. Troubles at SMU and then coming to a bad UNT team only to get injured in his last season. He has never lived up to his expectations ?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

6 minutes ago, Andrew said:

We are playing well and moving on and off ball on offense. I'm wonder where Frazier is. I know he had a serious nagging injury, but I'm unsure if he suits up again. I feel really bad for him. Troubles at SMU and then coming to a bad UNT team only to get injured in his last season. He has never lived up to his expectations ?

How does a supposed NBA Caliber player sit out a year, only to come back be a bench player and now injured, so he not work out at all during his year off? What a joke of a transfer right now, but then again that is right down Benny's alley with how he has killed the basketball program.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

5 minutes ago, untbowler said:

How does a supposed NBA Caliber player sit out a year, only to come back be a bench player and now injured, so he not work out at all during his year off? What a joke of a transfer right now, but then again that is right down Benny's alley with how he has killed the basketball program.

Almost every player on this roster has been injured this season and many before it started. The only ones that have been 100% are Green, Tamara, Holston, Lawson, and Woolridge (who had to sit out a year). Combs, Reese, Frazier, Johnson and Brice have all been injured in practice. 

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

This may be Benfords last home game to coach. I'm just trying to gauge Wrens mannerisms at the table and they don't look too pleased. He is also sending the gentlemen to his left into the huddles now and making eye contact with Benford a lot more. He also is still jotting notes down in that journal. Army of dad could always go in for a closer for view haha.   

• Upvote 4

Just checked and its 66-46. This thing will be 0-7 or, at best, 1-6 after the next 3 road games. I hope Baker cans his check steal rear after this game. Don't send him on the road to do what he does. Lose.

4 minutes ago, Harry said:

66-46 mutts with 6 minutes or so left.  As usual we can't hit free throws.

He's going to get the season folks.  Nothing to be gained by firing him now.

I wouldn't be so sure about that, Harry. There is something to be gained. FINALLY telling your fan base you won't tolerate losing in your BBall program. Letting him coach out the year SCREAMS same ole UNT. Don't think Baker wants to send that message. 

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Why do we wait till he last 6-7 minutes of every game to play legit defense and start shooting more? Maybe if we did that all game we might win... ?

Out rebounded, missing free throws, and no flow on offense is a losing formula every game. 

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

38 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Why do we wait till he last 6-7 minutes of every game to play legit defense and start shooting more? Maybe if we did that all game we might win... ?

Why don't they build the whole plane out of the black box? 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3