BTG Bowl Episode - Thursday Jan 5 @ 4:00 pm

BeyondTheGreen

Hmm...not showing to be scheduled by my FIOS DVR. 

Looking at the guide for tomorrow, it shows Tennis from Newport RI starting at 4:00. I guess that's what Travis was referring to in his post.

Interestingly, if I do a search, it does find BTG HOD episode at that time.  So, I was able to tell it to record that way.

Thanks for the 2016 version of the show.  It was as good as the first year!

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, meaniegreenie said:

Hmm...not showing to be scheduled by my FIOS DVR. 

Looking at the guide for tomorrow, it shows Tennis from Newport RI starting at 4:00. I guess that's what Travis was referring to in his post.

Interestingly, if I do a search, it does find BTG HOD episode at that time.  So, I was able to tell it to record that way.

Thanks for the 2016 version of the show.  It was as good as the first year!

must be why mine didn't record. 

U-Verse 1753 FSDAHD.  I double-checked my DVR and it is set to record. I may also watch in real time if I get back in time from shopping for "blizzard" supplies. :)

Phenomenal work as usual, Ashton.

The episode really highlighted the many positives of the bowl experience for players, program, and fans.  I hadn't really thought about it until watching the Buyers interview in this episode, but even though the game ended in defeat, I'm sure glad the team (especially the seniors) were able to get the bad taste of the poor showing in El Paso out of their mouths.

19 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Is this on YouTube yet?  My DVR didn't pick up the episode since it was not listed on the program guide.  I looked on YouTube and couldn't find it last night.  I would love to see the episode, but can't find it.

This

1 hour ago, Aldo said:

FYI this is where they keep them all. Subscribe to MeanGreenSports on the youtube to receive notifications

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWyKEB0PzZkMVyby_CNoEATrnTxazLO4B

I haven't seen any notifications on new BTG episodes.

1 hour ago, Aldo said:

FYI this is where they keep them all. Subscribe to MeanGreenSports on the youtube to receive notifications

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWyKEB0PzZkMVyby_CNoEATrnTxazLO4B

Thanks, I have.  I thought Ashton, the producer of the show, posted on here and would have some information.  Would love to see this episode.

Regarding BTG, do we pay for the airtime for this show?  How does that work?

16 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Thanks, I have.  I thought Ashton, the producer of the show, posted on here and would have some information.  Would love to see this episode.

Regarding BTG, do we pay for the airtime for this show?  How does that work?

Not totally certain on specifics, but I did hear that a key donor or two "stepped up" prior to fall camp to make certain this show happened to document the transition of a new coach and new athletic director. That may be to cover the filming and production costs, or the airtime on FSSW, or a combination of both. With Wren's fresh approach, I would bet that that Athletics Department would budget that (or similar) cost going forward, which was cut under RV in 2015 season. 

48 minutes ago, UNT Mean Green said:

Not totally certain on specifics, but I did hear that a key donor or two "stepped up" prior to fall camp to make certain this show happened to document the transition of a new coach and new athletic director. That may be to cover the filming and production costs, or the airtime on FSSW, or a combination of both. With Wren's fresh approach, I would bet that that Athletics Department would budget that (or similar) cost going forward, which was cut under RV in 2015 season. 

I sure hope it continues.  First, it is a great show and a nice way to keep up with the team for us out of town alumni.  Second, it is a great tool for the school to promote the program, the university and Denton.  Seems like a good way to offset the cost of the show would be to sell advertisements to Denton and local businesses that support the program.  I would love to see it expanded during the basketball season, when a new coach is brought in, and run year round to cover spring sports.  It is such a different approach from the usual review game film/coach's interview that some many other universities provide.

It is one of my favorite ways to keep up with the program.   You can go back and watch previous episodes, relive The Stand, the first HOD, remember some of the characters that have been here  in the past.   It is so well produced and polished.   It does differentiate us from other universities and allows a creative and fresh perspective into our fine institution.   I truly hope that BTG is something that we can keep going for years to come.

Great series! ??

Back in the 70's many HS students who might be future Aggies were urged to go to Rudder Tower to watch a very nicely put together short video on their school with emphases on athletics.

Does UNT have anything similar (maybe even inside the Athletic Center) for visitors or potential students some who out of curiosity pulled off the Interstates on a whim; that is, pulled over to take a peek inside Apogee or check out other venues/dorms inside the MG Village?  I wonder how many past unofficial visits have actually been made by potential recruits whereas a better first impression of UNT in a small screening room or theatre could make a difference?

FWIW, NCAA athletics is show business & the more ballyhoo toward a school's athletic  product the more interest could be generated.  Just 02.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen