Sawyer to Transfer from TCU

djohnnie

4 hours ago, Wag Tag said:

We will have 4qbs next season! Then 3 the following. With the limited scholarships this year he I would not offer another Qb unless he is just lights out! GMG 

Next year: Fine, Isadore, Shanbour, O'Hara, Pearson and Cason

2018:  All but Shanbour.

Of course, Cason is a walk on, so if you are referring to scholarship players, then your numbers are correct.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Next year: Fine, Isadore, Shanbour, O'Hara, Pearson and Cason

2018:  All but Shanbour.

Of course, Cason is a walk on, so if you are referring to scholarship players, then your numbers are correct.

Shanbour is still a walkon who has yet to throw a pass in division 1 game. And it sounds like Isadore is a PWO.

Next two years at QB are not locked down if we could get someone worthwhile. That guy isn't going to be sawyer, though.

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

Shanbour is still a walkon who has yet to throw a pass in division 1 game. And it sounds like Isadore is a PWO.

Next two years at QB are not locked down if we could get someone worthwhile. That guy isn't going to be sawyer, though.

Sounds like we've got Fine, Pearson, and three lottery tickets.  If we're lucky one of them turns out to be a good backup.  There's always room for quality quarterbacks. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, UNT90 said:

At this point, exactly.

Want nothing but the best for us but anyone that thinks we have a "sure thing" is drinking the juice. We need a bit of a reality check when it comes to what this year actually proved at the QB position. If your butt clenched every time Fine threw the football....it's ok....that is a natural reaction to years of bad qb play. He will grow and he will get better (if he stays healthy) but let's not proclaim ourselves as all set at qb.

2 hours ago, All About UNT said:

Want nothing but the best for us but anyone that thinks we have a "sure thing" is drinking the juice. We need a bit of a reality check when it comes to what this year actually proved at the QB position. If your butt clenched every time Fine threw the football....it's ok....that is a natural reaction to years of bad qb play. He will grow and he will get better (if he stays healthy) but let's not proclaim ourselves as all set at qb.

I would be willing to bet a good deal on Fine.  Kid needed a redshirt year instead he got a bunch of games of action.  He'll be better that I am sure of.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, GMG24 said:

I would be willing to bet a good deal on Fine.  Kid needed a redshirt year instead he got a bunch of games of action.  He'll be better that I am sure of.  

We can bet on Fine, and everyone should be. But we need to remember we need to play whoever is the best. If that is Pearson, Izzy, Quinn, Augie(if he is here) or Morris from this past year. We also need to remember and believe/hope, that Fine is the worst/lowest ranked QB SL and the staff brings in. No offense to Fine, but bringing in better talent is needed at ever position group on this team. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

We can bet on Fine, and everyone should be. But we need to remember we need to play whoever is the best. If that is Pearson, Izzy, Quinn, Augie(if he is here) or Morris from this past year. We also need to remember and believe/hope, that Fine is the worst/lowest ranked QB SL and the staff brings in. No offense to Fine, but bringing in better talent is needed at ever position group on this team. 

No doubt.  I want the dude who gives us the best chance to win playing. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

I agree we should be looking to Fine to take the reigns next year. He started as a true freshman and got a lot of good experience. If we can improve our O line, I think he has a really good year.

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, GMG24 said:

Until I see him hit a receiver in stride on a go route, I'll remain skeptical. 

Didnt happen this year.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 10

4 hours ago, UNT90 said:

Until I see him hit a receiver in stride on a go route, I'll remain skeptical. 

Didnt happen this year.

I bet when he isn't fleeing for his life he'll look a lot better.

Edited by GMG24
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

UTSA might beg to differ

**WARNING I ROOT FOR BOTH TEAMS**  From UTSA perspective, I agree, he is small and not elusive. He got nailed several times, I was impressed with his toughness. What he does have is speed. A lot of speed. If i remember correctly, he had two big runs and both were speed- one capitalizing on a busted play and another a great play call.  This actually brings up a concern. This guy needs some protection to develop as a q.b. I hope line improves to help him.

Edited by UTSA Fan
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, UTSA Fan said:

**WARNING I ROOT FOR BOTH TEAMS**  From UTSA perspective, I agree, he is small and not elusive. He got nailed several times, I was impressed with his toughness. What he does have is speed. A lot of speed. If i remember correctly, he had two big runs and both were speed- one capitalizing on a busted play and another a great play call.  This actually brings up a concern. This guy needs some protection to develop as a q.b. I hope line improves to help him.

He isn't elusive? The dude avoided 20 + sacks while taking 30+ sacks where he had little to no chance to avoid. He'll be just Fine.

• Upvote 3