North! Texas! Chant

Side Show Joe

At the game tomorrow, it would be nice if the cheerleaders could make it a point to get the "North!" 'Texas!" Chant going every time there is a break in the action. Tomorrow should represent one of the largest gatherings of North Texas fans since the 2014 HOD. I think we need to make sure our chant is heard loud and clear on TV, every chance we get, especially if we get to go into victory formation at the end of the game. Go Mean Green!!!

Thought?

• Upvote 7

On 12/26/2016 at 11:20 PM, Withers940 said:

Yeah, I'll probably lose my voice before halftime 

Same. After the Marshall game I lost my voice for three days and was hoarse the rest of the week. Time to crank it to 11.

Edited by Cr1028
Spelling...Thanks @EagleMBA
  • Upvote 4

This was a part of the game that saddened me.  It seemed that very little effort was put together by the cheerleaders to help with this chant.  Honestly I didn't see them do much.. question: did they throw shirts into the stands?  For us being the home team, besides the fact we had more fans, it felt like we were the visitors.  

It could all be just my thoughts but I am interested if y'all felt the same way?

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

15 hours ago, MEANGREENCOACH2 said:

This was a part of the game that saddened me.  It seemed that very little effort was put together by the cheerleaders to help with this chant.  Honestly I didn't see them do much.. question: did they throw shirts into the stands?  For us being the home team, besides the fact we had more fans, it felt like we were the visitors.  

It could all be just my thoughts but I am interested if y'all felt the same way?

Agreed, I never really saw the cheerleaders to be honest. Where they there?

• Upvote 1

On 12/27/2016 at 4:58 AM, Cr1028 said:

Same. After the Marshall game I lost my voice for three days and was horse the rest of the week. Time to crank it to 11.

200w.gif#103 Sorry! My inner smartass emerged.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MeanGreenDan said:

It seemed like the cheerleaders were not allowed on the field, which is normally when this chant gets lead. Can anyone confirm?

They didn't need to be on the field to hold up signs, or give us a signal of some sort to start as we've asked them to do numerous times before.

Still need a chant with a signaled start and has an ending.

GO!

MEAN!

GREEN!

EAGLES!

FIGHT!

FIGHT!

FIGHT!

See.....this isn't hard...at all.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 5

19 hours ago, THOR said:

the cheerleaders did not have their normal boss leading them yesterday, it was an assistant...mmaybe that's the reason for some of the lack of coordinated cheers and atuff

Too bad there wasn't much time to prepare for a bowl game.

• Upvote 3

I'm probably in the minority, but I like it when the chant develops by the fans organically and the end is dictated by what's happening on the field.  I prefer it when we are in defense because I feel like cheering while on offense is a sign of ignorance towards the game.  I liken the chant as a modern day fan cheer like the wave used to be.  If we have a good rendition of the chant going and the defense is stepping up, why end right away?   Let it go for a while.

• Upvote 3

18 hours ago, Ryan Munthe said:

The band director was trying to get the band and student section to do it, we did it a bunch of times but small comparatively.

That's the problem using the band to signal a chant.  It doesn't work.  I was sitting on the 50 yard line and couldn't even hear the GB..at all.

And I told Paul Batchelder, the GB director and the Spirit committee back in....2007 I think it was?....that it wouldn't work.  But as usual...in one ear and out the other.  They insisted on using the GB to prompt some unified chant they came up with but as we saw on Tuesday...It doesn't work.  And it never has.

We need a visual signal that can be used even when the band is not there.  Because most times the band isnt there.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2