Ticket Question

Gents - 

A quick question: I ordered my ticket to the Bowl game on Dec. 20th. I specified FedEx for the delivery method. I received a confirmation email with a confirmation number after the transaction was complete. However, as of this afternoon I have not received the ticket or any other correspondence. I tried to contact the ticket office but they are closed for the holidays. Do y'all have any feel for if there was a cutoff for shipping tickets or anything like that. I want to believe that my ticket is just waiting for me at willcall but the thought of truckrolling out to Fair Park, dealing with parking and willcall just to find out they don't have it makes me feel ill. Any thoughts would be appreciated. 

GMG

Edited by ghost_of_darrell_dickey
  • Upvote 1

There is a will call set up at the Westin today, there will be will call at the game, and I believe I got a text today stating that the ticket office was open today until 5pm.  Call them again...as they said they still had 500 tickets to sell.

Too bad so many folks opted to purchase or acquire tickets from an outside source.  No way UNT should still have 500 tickets available...no way.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 12

1 hour ago, ghost_of_darrell_dickey said:

Gents - 

A quick question: I ordered my ticket to the Bowl game on Dec. 20th. I specified FedEx for the delivery method. I received a confirmation email with a confirmation number after the transaction was complete. However, as of this afternoon I have not received the ticket or any other correspondence. I tried to contact the ticket office but they are closed for the holidays. Do y'all have any feel for if there was a cutoff for shipping tickets or anything like that. I want to believe that my ticket is just waiting for me at willcall but the thought of truckrolling out to Fair Park, dealing with parking and willcall just to find out they don't have it makes me feel ill. Any thoughts would be appreciated. 

GMG

Just call the ticket office and ask. Better to spend a minute and be safe than put undue stress on yourself on site. 940-565-2580 

29 minutes ago, KRAM1 said:

Too bad so many folks opted to purchase or acquire tickets from an outside source.  No way UNT should still have 500 tickets available...no way.

Not sure what you're implying, buy I too purchased mine from the UNT ticket office, and never got my tickets. I drove up to Denton to get it handled, but know a half a dozen or so other folks who also purchased from UNT and never got the tickets (or any kind of warning that there tickets would never arrive).

Most of us want to defend the University when justified, but the ticket delivery this year has been no better than it was last time. And that's when we sold a lot more tickets than we have this year.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

26 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

Call Tricia Drummond at  940-565-2580 .  

FedEx seems to have really dropped the ball on reporting tickets being delivered that weren't.  If you call the regular ticket office number, they're likely to say, "Sir, your tickets were delivered." <click>

Tricia is aware of ticket office history and is going out of her way to make things better going forward.  The HOD made replacement vouchers for lost or misplaces tickets that she can have available for you at will call.  You won't get your big shiny souvenir bowl ticket, but you'll get admission to the game in the exact seats you paid for.  

Someday, the UNT ticket office is going to get its act together and competently deliver tickets to those who purchased through approved channels in attempts to funnel money to UNT.  Someday.  Until then, get off the pedestal.  There is nothing in OP's message that implies he purchased from an outside vendor at all. 

Thanks for the good info. I called and left Tricia a voice mail. I understand that they will be selling tickets day of so I think I'll head to the game and I can buy another ticket if mine isn't at will call. Perhaps pursue a refund for the original ticket on the backend. Also for the record I purchased my ticket directly from UNT's athletic department. So there's that. Thanks again, fellas. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, KRAM1 said:

48 minutes ago, oldguystudent said:

Someday, the UNT ticket office is going to get its act together and competently deliver tickets to those who purchased through approved channels in attempts to funnel money to UNT.  Someday.  Until then, get off the pedestal.  There is nothing in OP's message that implies he purchased from an outside vendor at all. 

To be fair, there is also nothing in @KRAM1'S post that implies @ghost_of_darrell_dickey was one of those that didn't purschase from the UNT ticket office.  Simply giving reason for why the ticket office still needed to be open. 

Edited by UNT 90 Grad
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

6 minutes ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

To be fair, there is also nothing in @KRAM1'S post that implies @ghost_of_darrell_dickey was one of those that didn't purschase from the UNT ticket office.  Simply giving reason for why the ticket office still needed to be open. 

I actually thought that was what he meant too, but even if that's the case, I think he misunderstood about the tickets in question. Whichever it is, it's just a misunderstanding...internet communications don't give us the chance at things like inflection and back-and-forth like in-person communication. Nobody's being mean. Just a minor disconnect.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

6 hours ago, oldguystudent said:

Call Tricia Drummond at  940-565-2580 .  

FedEx seems to have really dropped the ball on reporting tickets being delivered that weren't.  If you call the regular ticket office number, they're likely to say, "Sir, your tickets were delivered." <click>

Tricia is aware of ticket office history and is going out of her way to make things better going forward.  The HOD made replacement vouchers for lost or misplaces tickets that she can have available for you at will call.  You won't get your big shiny souvenir bowl ticket, but you'll get admission to the game in the exact seats you paid for.  

Seems to me one is jumping to a certain conclusion here that reflects their personal bias yet has no basis in reality. Too bad.  You might want to get off your "holier than thou" bias.

6 hours ago, oldguystudent said:

Much obliged.  Sometimes it's better to offer a solution than an accusation. 

Sometimes it is better to not put words in others mouths too.  Just saying...your personal bias is showing.  My point was that with a University the size of UNT, there is no way there should be tickets left the day before the game from the official school allotment.  I did not mention anyone in specific.  I am sorry that my opinion that it is too bad so many bought from outside sources offends you somehow. But, I do believe fans should do all they can to help their University.  My apologies if that offends you or anyone else somehow. I have also mentioned that I believe anyone who attends the game...no matter how they acquired their ticket...is supporting the University.  Is that opinion also offensive to you somehow?  

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 8