HOD Tickets

ABrownGMG

I think the crowd will be pretty good - there are only 12 individual seats left to buy via the HOD bowl website's ticket chooser on the UNT side.  The rest are part of UNT's allotment or first responders.  Still surprised they haven't opened the second deck to give more seat options for people not buying through the university.  If you were showing up on their website today looking for tickets on the UNT side, you don't have many options except endzone or Army side.  Seems like they are trying to fill the lower bowl and not open the top.

6 minutes ago, wizade said:

I think the crowd will be pretty good - there are only 12 individual seats left to buy via the HOD bowl website's ticket chooser on the UNT side.  The rest are part of UNT's allotment or first responders.  Still surprised they haven't opened the second deck to give more seat options for people not buying through the university.  If you were showing up on their website today looking for tickets on the UNT side, you don't have many options except endzone or Army side.  Seems like they are trying to fill the lower bowl and not open the top.

that makes sense for optics.  Get the TV camera to focus on the lower deck, and make it look full.  Plus, it brings the crowd closer to the field for a better atmosphere....

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

It may not mean much for attendance but I have given out four vouchers (for six tickets each) to business people or families while doing a walking beat downtown...though I think I may have caused a couple parents to attend a football game they didn't plan to because their kids are now badgering them

Way to go, Emmitt, and..............do be careful out there.

GMG!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

It may not mean much for attendance but I have given out four vouchers (for six tickets each) to business people or families while doing a walking beat downtown...though I think I may have caused a couple parents to attend a football game they didn't plan to because their kids are now badgering them

Well done Emmitt. I'm proud that you are a NT superfan.

1 hour ago, JimKlenke said:

With the upper deck closed, it might be hard to get the same attendance number.  But, I guess if Army has a few hundred people show up, that will be a hundred or so more than UNLV brought.  I'll be on the sidelines again so smile for the cameras. 

IMG_1752.JPG

I'm surprised I wasn't in this photo. I must've been one section to the left or right.

• Upvote 1

My tickets just arrived by Fed Ex!  Section 25!   Didn't know re-upping for the Mean Green Club would give me such good tickets.

BTW, I just spoke to one of these ticket masters or ticket city type operations and the one I spoke to told me there were only 42 tickets left on the entire lower bowl?  I asked him twice if that was true and he said (twice) that it was.   Jeez, Emmitt, how many tickets you been buying & spreading around in Dallas ?!? }:>)

Still......was that ticket agent just having a bad meth' day or could that possibly be true?  Any of you heard anything similar? 

If so.......DAMN!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

7 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

^^^^^^^

GMG social experiment 

(only a few of you will get that, right @KRAM1?)

Stubhub has 0 tickets left, HOD official site has section 32/35 which is in the end zone where the teams come out of the tunnel as available ticket options.  Wonder what the turnout will be. I'm trying to temper expectations but it's hard to not be giddy to see 30,000 UNT fans again! 

• Upvote 1

The HOD bowl site is still selling general admission seats and a couple of the wedge sections on the Army side show to have lots of seats left.  It will be interesting to see if they open up the end zone that is currently blocked off.  Pretty sure they sold tickets there in 2013 so not sure why they have it blocked off.  Maybe they are doing it to drive demand and keep prices up. 

With the current arrangement, they only have about 28k - 30k (at ~1k per section) tickets to sell.

1 hour ago, TreeFiddy said:

The HOD bowl site is still selling general admission seats and a couple of the wedge sections on the Army side show to have lots of seats left.  It will be interesting to see if they open up the end zone that is currently blocked off.  Pretty sure they sold tickets there in 2013 so not sure why they have it blocked off.  Maybe they are doing it to drive demand and keep prices up. 

With the current arrangement, they only have about 28k - 30k (at ~1k per section) tickets to sell.

If all these tickets have been sold and we have good Game Day walk up ticket sales they'll have to open up the upper deck; at least on the North Texas side.  

Army will have many more fans than UNLV, so it might be easy to say 40K to 45K for this game?   That would be a sellout at the Armed Forces Bowl game in Fort Worth (which by the way is today).  

Anyone out there have a real handle on what is actually left in the lower bowl section of the CB stadium?  Has Army sold out most of their sideline seats?  Anyone in the know...know? 

GMG!  

Edited by PlummMeanGreen