Visiting the Super Pit

UTAmaverick

me and kid thinking about braving the rain and visiting the Super Pit to cheer on the visiting team tomorrow. Been years since I've been to the Super Pit and looking forward to it.

If you don't mind, just looking for basic info about parking, where to sit, would be much appreciated. We'll be coming from the south on 35. Do we need to get to box office by 1:15 to get in line? Or can we just walk up at 2 and get a GA seat and walk in?

The way our team has played this year, anything can happen. They'll play one half that could win the tournament in April, then turn the ball over 15 times and not score for 8:00. So I think tomorrow's game will be much closer than the last several.

Also...any attendance guesses? 3,500 maybe?

• Upvote 4

plenty of parking on the west side of the pit and some on the east side of the pit.  UNT basketball is not the hottest ticket in town but with UTA maybe a bigger line.  The game purchase at the gate has improved.  you can buy tickets when you enter on the northeast side of the pit, so if you can park on the east side it the best if you don't want to walk a lot.  Glad you are coming to the game and congrats on the win against Texas.   We had a big win over Texas College (lol).

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, UTAmaverick said:

me and kid thinking about braving the rain and visiting the Super Pit to cheer on the visiting team tomorrow. Been years since I've been to the Super Pit and looking forward to it.

If you don't mind, just looking for basic info about parking, where to sit, would be much appreciated. We'll be coming from the south on 35. Do we need to get to box office by 1:15 to get in line? Or can we just walk up at 2 and get a GA seat and walk in?

The way our team has played this year, anything can happen. They'll play one half that could win the tournament in April, then turn the ball over 15 times and not score for 8:00. So I think tomorrow's game will be much closer than the last several.

Also...any attendance guesses? 3,500 maybe?

No one cares about UNT basketball right now. 3,500 would be a surprisingly high attendance. You should be able to walk up with 20 minutes before tip and have time to get your ticket, get concessions, use the bathroom and comfortably get to your seat with time to spare. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 5

The normal visitors section will be behind your team's bench area and to the right of press row (when you get there you'll see).

I'd bet you guys will have decent attendance and sadly for us it could be close to 50-50 attendance.

@southsideguy pretty much nailed the parking and ticket directions. If you park west of the Pit (in the Fouts Field parking area) there is a crosswalk that is often manned my a UNT PD officer to ease your crossing. 

Edited by Army of Dad
  • Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

No one cares about UNT basketball right now. 3,500 would be a surprisingly high attendance. You should be able to walk up with 20 minutes before tip and have time to get your ticket, get concessions, use the bathroom and comfortably get to your seat with time to spare. 

Speak for yourself.  I care very much about that state of UNT basketball.  

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 3

19 minutes ago, KRAM1 said:

Speak for yourself.  I care very much about that state of UNT basketball.  

OK, KRAM cares about UNT basketball. No one else does, currently. Attendance at tomorrow's game and the game after and the game after and so forth will solidify that. It's an abomination right now in every sense of the word. 

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 14

2 hours ago, Army of Dad said:

The normal visitors section will be behind your team's bench area and to the right of press row (when you get there you'll see).

I'd bet you guys will have decent attendance and sadly for us it could be close to 50-50 attendance.

@southsideguy pretty much nailed the parking and ticket directions. If you park west of the Pit (in the Fouts Field parking area) there is a crosswalk that is often manned my a UNT PD officer to ease your crossing. 

Just don't sit in my seats. My crew has much of the first two rows behind the visitor bench reserved (we're season ticket holders).

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

12 hours ago, UTAmaverick said:

The way our team has played this year, anything can happen. They'll play one half that could win the tournament in April, then turn the ball over 15 times and not score for 8:00. So I think tomorrow's game will be much closer than the last several....

Unfortunately two of the bad halves will probably be good enough. 

• Upvote 2

pretty laid back unless there is a crowd. i have never have sat in the ga area, had season tickets one season, say enough and just bought tickets at the door when i wanted to go after that and bought ga tickets and sat where I saw a empty seat. but if you buy a reserved which i did last game i was six rows from the floor at mid court.  Made me think about buying season tickets again But i will wait until benford is gone.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, UTAmaverick said:

so i can go general admission and still have a good view? is GA the upper half of the arena and the baselines? pretty laid back or do ushers check tickets every time you come back to your seat?

The GA areas are the baselines and upper bowl. The normal visitor section is, I think, reserved seating. 

You could be ok no matter what you do, but might enjoy being with the majority of the visiting fans.

• Upvote 1

enjoyable! i think the building has aged well over the years if its 40 years old. not a bad seat in the house. i thought there was only one box office we would have to walk to but gate d on the sw side had a ticket booth inside the entrance and the ticket staff was really nice. bought a general admission seat and just found some unoccupied seats between the unt bench and the baseline at the upper rows of the lower bowl...wasnt exactly sure where reserved stopped and general admission started. parking at Fouts was easy enough. short walk to building. coliseum staff really nice and $5 is a bargain for a div i basketball game. nice big video board wth pregame intro video similar to what we do. maybe it was the weather or whatever but it was eerily quiet in there for a big rivalry game. i think they announced 2300 for attenance but it looked like quite a few UTA fans made the drive in hirribke conditions and all that construction on both 35E and 35W. makes you appreciate the huge 6000 seat crowd we had in arlington last year. not sure if i could make a weekinght game with 35 traffic but assuming the series continues, would definitely make the drive again to support our team. yall have a lot of talented players...if it gels as the season goes on the mean green will be in good shape. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, UTAmaverick said:

enjoyable! i think the building has aged well over the years if its 40 years old. not a bad seat in the house. i thought there was only one box office we would have to walk to but gate d on the sw side had a ticket booth inside the entrance and the ticket staff was really nice. bought a general admission seat and just found some unoccupied seats between the unt bench and the baseline at the upper rows of the lower bowl...wasnt exactly sure where reserved stopped and general admission started. parking at Fouts was easy enough. short walk to building. coliseum staff really nice and $5 is a bargain for a div i basketball game. nice big video board wth pregame intro video similar to what we do. maybe it was the weather or whatever but it was eerily quiet in there for a big rivalry game. i think they announced 2300 for attenance but it looked like quite a few UTA fans made the drive in hirribke conditions and all that construction on both 35E and 35W. makes you appreciate the huge 6000 seat crowd we had in arlington last year. not sure if i could make a weekinght game with 35 traffic but assuming the series continues, would definitely make the drive again to support our team. yall have a lot of talented players...if it gels as the season goes on the mean green will be in good shape. 

we have waiting for the gel for four years now.......we need a coach

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

11 hours ago, oldguystudent said:

So it's possible to purchase tickets at the door now? My last experience with that is what put me over the top for absolutely not bothering to even look at the schedule anymore. 

yeah i was shocked when i did it not a issue at all, one ticket please, general admission or reserved? reserved that will be $$$, gave  him a twenty, he gave me change and a ticket, the guy scan it and I walk in.  I didnt know what to do with my extra 30 minutes.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1