'17 DL RJ Reynolds (Faith Christian, TX)

GMG24

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/3034528/57e53d2b842eb20a043a6ba9,

6'3" 240 LBS, Holds offers from UNT, Army, Air Force, Navy, Colorado School of Mines, South Dakota School of Mines

I could not find a thread for him anywhere.  If he has one please forgive me. 

• Upvote 3

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

Don't get this? 

Being a commissioned officer in the military is always good.  Now if you stay in for 20+ years, that's even better.  You retire after 20 years and corporations are after you like crazy.

The chance you take is active duty.  War zone, etc.

46 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

Don't get this? 

Deep green hit it, graduate and serve you're looking at officer salary from my information, then serve for a length Of time and you are really making "good money" depending on where/how you serve

1 hour ago, DeepGreen said:

Being a commissioned officer in the military is always good.  Now if you stay in for 20+ years, that's even better.  You retire after 20 years and corporations are after you like crazy.

The chance you take is active duty.  War zone, etc.

40 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

Deep green hit it, graduate and serve you're looking at officer salary from my information, then serve for a length Of time and you are really making "good money" depending on where/how you serve

I'm aware of the pay scale. It's decent. At O-1, LTJG or 2nd LT (pending branch), it's 40ishK. Increases with time of service and advancement. But these are slow increases over time. 

I thought there was some kind of monetary incentive that I was unaware of. 

17 minutes ago, GreenMachine said:

So you want everyone to support the football team but you don't want to be supportive of our ROTC program?

Yeah, buddy. I'm anti-military. You caught me. 

And for the record, I actually think ROTC is a joke. It's playing boy scout, not military. 

Edited by Ben Gooding
  • Downvote 4

9 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

Yeah, buddy. I'm anti-military. You caught me. 

And for the record, I actually think ROTC is a joke. It's playing boy scout, not military. 

It's alum like you that are satisfied with a boy scout like ROTC rather than a military type because you refuse to support them. So familiar to one of your recent rants?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

10 minutes ago, GreenMachine said:

It's alum like you that are satisfied with a boy scout like ROTC rather than a military type because you refuse to support them. So familiar to one of your recent rants?

Suure? ROTC doesn't move the needle for me. You can't get ROTC to be military "type." Too many liabilities. Even at ATM. They can proudly cut their hair high and tight and wear their overly small uniforms, but 'at the end of the day', it's playing military. It's nothing like the military and it will never be. 

Thread has been pushed off topic. I support this guy going wherever he wants so as long as it's not smug. I blame the coaches for not getting him HERE. 

• Downvote 3

Just now, Ben Gooding said:

Suure? ROTC doesn't move the needle for me. You can't get ROTC to be military "type." Too many liabilities. Even at ATM. They can proudly cut their hair high and tight and wear their overly small uniforms, but 'at the end of the day', it's playing military. It's nothing like the military and it will never be. 

Thread has been pushed off topic. I support this guy going wherever he wants so as long as it's not smug. I blame the coaches for not getting him HERE. 

What branch did you serve? I was USAF.