Possible PWO QB

TheReal_jayD

2 hours ago, UNT90 said:

But he doesn't have a Rivals or 24/7 page so he must be awful... ?

Just can't help  yourself, can you?

These kids out here have options, but the schools in the state that are recruiting will probably wait on a sure thing as opposed to taking a flyer and driving all the way out here.  You can drive 5 hours west of Denton and see one or two good kids, or drive 5 miles north, east or south and see a lot of good ball players.  Have to make the best use of your time and resources,

Midland High has a very good QB that is probably under recruited as well.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

These kids out here have options, but the schools in the state that are recruiting will probably wait on a sure thing as opposed to taking a flyer and driving all the way out here.  You can drive 5 hours west of Denton and see one or two good kids, or drive 5 miles north, east or south and see a lot of good ball players.  Have to make the best use of your time and resources,

Agreed. See San Angelo Central this year that had a LOT of good players. Midland/Odessa doesn't have the clout it used to in Texas high school football but there are still a lot of good ball players that come out of that area that could help us win

14 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Just jokingly applying your own standards. Sensitive much? 

The point being recruits can fly under the radar for any number of reasons. For instance, not getting a chance to start until their senior year and then having a breakout year where they are a unanimous all-district selection. 

I'm sure this young man has similar circumstances. Maybe judging by rivals and 24/7 non-pages isn't the best method after all...

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 9

What standards?  Look, I asked an honest question on your thread for the young man from SLC.  Sorry I hurt your feelings or touched a nerve.  It was an honest question.  Kids at SLC don't get overlooked because coach's are through there all the time.  Sure, these coaches might have waited to see how his senior year played out before offering, but it does not change the fact that at this moment he has some FCS offers and written correspondence with K-State.  No matter what you may think, I hope the young man has 10 offers this time next week.  Hell, I wish every kid got an offer from his favorite school and provided to  play ball and get an education paid for.  Let it go and move on.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

What standards?  Look, I asked an honest question on your thread for the young man from SLC.  Sorry I hurt your feelings or touched a nerve.  It was an honest question.  Kids at SLC don't get overlooked because coach's are through there all the time.  Sure, these coaches might have waited to see how his senior year played out before offering, but it does not change the fact that at this moment he has some FCS offers and written correspondence with K-State.  No matter what you may think, I hope the young man has 10 offers this time next week.  Hell, I wish every kid got an offer from his favorite school and provided to  play ball and get an education paid for.  Let it go and move on.

And I asked the same question you asked, but of this kid... I don't buy the "no one recruits Levelland" excuse. We live in the Internet age. 

There are lots of reasons kids fly under the radar. Don't pick and choose to suit your purpose.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 11

6 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

th?id=OIP.M5e50c20833f94abe3f04e80b6caa62b5o0&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300

No kidding.  Guess I should go back to just ignoring his posts since my attempt at letting bygones be bygones is missed on Mr. Conspiracy.  Not sure what he thinks my purpose is, but once again UNT90 is way off target.  Back on ignore.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 5

11 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

No kidding.  Guess I should go back to just ignoring his posts since my attempt at letting bygones be bygones is missed on Mr. Conspiracy.  Not sure what he thinks my purpose is, but once again UNT90 is way off target.  Back on ignore.

Na, you make it pretty clear. See above.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 7