Texas College (11/30/16)

CMJ

4 minutes ago, Matt from A700 said:

11:30 game on a Wednesday? Against a NAIA team or whatever? Makes me question if this one counts, or if RV/Benford thought this was the Wednesday before Thanksgiving...

UNT by 19.

This is the DISD game they do every year about this time in the season.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, meangreenacct said:

Apparently a test he couldn't get out of for anyone else wondering!

If true that is ridiculous and Busch league. I dont fault Reese at all for going if he was told he had too. But there has to be a conversation with that professor.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 9

14 minutes ago, grossman said:

If true that is ridiculous and Busch league. I dont fault Reese at all for going if he was told he had too. But there has to be a conversation with that professor.

I actually applaud Benford, the professor, and Reese for all doing this. UNT is after all a university and not just a basketball program or athletic department. We're also playing Texas College, not like it's a conference game or a big opponent. I'm sure if the game were more important, the university would intervene and allow Reese to play. I just don't think it's worth pulling a kid out of class for a non-conference game against a Juco college in November...

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

I actually applaud Benford, the professor, and Reese for all doing this. UNT is after all a university and not just a basketball program or athletic department. We're also playing Texas College, not like it's a conference game or a big opponent. I'm sure if the game were more important, the university would intervene and allow Reese to play. I just don't think it's worth pulling a kid out of class for a non-conference game against a Juco college in November...

We seem to really be missing him though...

Just now, meangreenacct said:

We seem to really be missing him though...

If we don't win by double digits or worst, lose, Benford needs to pack his bags after the game for not being able to coach D1 basketball players to outperform a JUCO basketball team (no disrespect to them). Struggling against Texas College is a bigger problem than not having a player for a game. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1