Hartford (11/27/16)

Army of Dad

Very entertaining game

Not sure I have ever seen a game were both teams were shooting the three that well

Poor defense was partially responsible, but still both teams were on 

Somewhat scary that NT shoot 59% of threes and still barely won

Hartford is a bad team, but as short-handed as NT is, any win is an accomplishment

Best game by Lawson, a complete game without his too often before excessive shooting

Benford IMO is badly mishandling Brice

Pulling him after every mistake is similar to what Benford did with all his players in his early years

Brice could be a difference maker, but not if he is constantly worried about the next mistake

The best I have seen out of Holston in a long time

Question zones by both teams, with both teams shooting that well from distance

This team is currently missing Fuller, White-Pittman, Combs and awaiting Frazier and Woolridge, but still feels deep

Playing this well without Combs plus the second semester additions, gives some hope for the season.

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

Very entertaining game

Not sure I have ever seen a game were both teams were shooting the three that well

Poor defense was partially responsible, but still both teams were on 

Somewhat scary that NT shoot 59% of threes and still barely won

Hartford is a bad team, but as short-handed as NT is, any win is an accomplishment

Best game by Lawson, a complete game without his too often before excessive shooting

Benford IMO is badly mishandling Brice

Pulling him after every mistake is similar to what Benford did with all his players in his early years

Brice could be a difference maker, but not if he is constantly worried about the next mistake

The best I have seen out of Holston in a long time

Question zones by both teams, with both teams shooting that well from distance

This team is currently missing Fuller, White-Pittman, Combs and awaiting Frazier and Woolridge, but still feels deep

Playing this well without Combs plus the second semester additions, gives some hope for the season.

I agree with all of it, but Benford has stated he doesn't leave Brice out longer for a few reasons. He still gets winded and when the other team goes small with playing a 6'7 or 6'8 center who can move Brice gets beat. Those are two reasons he said he doesn't play Brice more. Brice is a beast! 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1