Anyone going to El Paso?

MeanGreenDan

I was on the fence about it, as I did not make any road games this season. But after last week, I decided to make the trek.

Is anyone else going, or have you seen anything about an alumni or MGC tailgate? Usually in the Tuesday newsletter they give info on this kind of thing, but this week's newsletter did not even mention that there was another game this weekend (thanks Capper)!

Hope to not be alone this weekend!

• Upvote 3

El Paso is a long, long way.  My wife and I went there for the last NT-UTEP game.  We had a good time.  The Sun Bowl is pretty old and needs a face life in the worst way.  Most of the seating is old style wooden bleachers similar to those used at Fouts prior to the installation of aluminum. 

If I were  a high school recruit from the north Texas or east Texas area, I would have to think long and hard about going so away to go to school.  Prior to going to EP, I knew it was as far west as could still be in the state, but getting on an airplane for 2 hours really drives it home. 

I'd go back for a bowl game but otherwise I'll watch on TV.

Beat UTEP

GO MEAN GREEN

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Can't go to El Paso, no. We'll stream the game at home, likely.

For anyone who is going, we used to eat at a Mexican place out there called Avila's. It's not Tex-Mex but homestyle norteño food. I have read mixed reviews on the place lately, sadly, but it might be worth a try in case they were just having "off" days.

12 hours ago, MeanGreenDan said:

I was on the fence about it, as I did not make any road games this season. But after last week, I decided to make the trek.

Is anyone else going, or have you seen anything about an alumni or MGC tailgate? Usually in the Tuesday newsletter they give info on this kind of thing, but this week's newsletter did not even mention that there was another game this weekend (thanks Capper)!

Hope to not be alone this weekend!

I won't be able to make the trek out there this time. I travelled out there last time. If you can, sit on the press box side. The people are way nicer over there. Last time we sat on in the visiting section and had some terrible terrible drunks yelling at us the entire time. The cops didn't care either. I'm from EP and I was so ashamed to go back and see people's behavior. Total savages. They'll probably be tame and very few fans due to their dissoppointing season.  

There's great food out there too. If anyone has any questions PM me and I'll try and steer you in the right direction. It's a fun town in small bursts. For me anyway.

GMG

BEAT UTEP!!!