Recruiting Free for All

TheReal_jayD

I know I am just probably stating the obvious. I know last year was a free for all with all the de-commits and coaching swaps. But this year I feel it will be even worse by a lot. Especially if Chad Morris and Tom Herman end up in the Big 12. It kind of makes me excited we still have several open spots several good prospects come available. If Seth and Co. can take care of business in El Paso and keep most of the staff in tact. It could really be a nice landing spot for kids switching after dead period. 

• Upvote 5

7 hours ago, TheReal_jayD said:

I know I am just probably stating the obvious. I know last year was a free for all with all the de-commits and coaching swaps. But this year I feel it will be even worse by a lot. Especially if Chad Morris and Tom Herman end up in the Big 12. It kind of makes me excited we still have several open spots several good prospects come available. If Seth and Co. can take care of business in El Paso and keep most of the staff in tact. It could really be a nice landing spot for kids switching after dead period. 

Do either of these schools have kids that we have had come visit? Also, do you think they bring kids from SMOO and HOU with them or settle on the classes already or do kids back out of BAY and UT commits?

8 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Do either of these schools have kids that we have had come visit? Also, do you think they bring kids from SMOO and HOU with them or settle on the classes already or do kids back out of BAY and UT commits?

Personally don't think most SMU and Houston recruits are the type of recruits Baylor and UT are looking for... Certainly wouldn't start things off well for either of their careers there from a recruiting standpoint.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Personally don't think most SMU and Houston recruits are the type of recruits Baylor and UT are looking for... Certainly wouldn't start things off well for either of their careers there from a recruiting standpoint.

Baylor will not have a choice with all the obstacles hanging over their head. Probation and sanctions are coming!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

21 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

Baylor will not have a choice with all the obstacles hanging over their head. Probation and sanctions are coming!

Fair enough. Which begs the question, would those recruits even want to go to Baylor? Unless they were guys with no other offers or SMU was their best offer from a competitive stand point, I can't imagine anybody going to Baylor just to follow a coach if they have other options... Probably wrong though.

28 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Fair enough. Which begs the question, would those recruits even want to go to Baylor? Unless they were guys with no other offers or SMU was their best offer from a competitive stand point, I can't imagine anybody going to Baylor just to follow a coach if they have other options... Probably wrong though.

Who takes the job needs a 7 yr deal. Look at Miami and Penn State! The coach during the probation period is gone! It is the hire after that is reeling the success!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Withers940 said:

No disrespect to any Mormons on this board but why in the hell would a kid from Texas want to go to Utah? The views might be nice but the people are weird as hell.

I just saw the Book of Mormon musical in London last week. It was pretty awesome lol.

• Upvote 1

What is the general consensus of recruiting right now? I am not in tune with the exacts, as in I am not sure who all has been offered, who we are actually pushing hard for, who we offered but not really interested in, who is leaning our way, etc. From a far (looking on here and dong research on recruiting sites), it feels we are kind of treading water at the bottom of the barrel with a big net to catch who we can when recruits' options fall through. If that's what we're doing, that's fine. But you have to make sure that net is big and has 0 holes because that is a risky proposition.

43 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

dong research on recruiting sites

Not sure what recruiting sites *you're* looking at.

But to the rest of your post - in my not-so-expert opinion - it appears that recruiting has been subpar so far.

(and by subpar, I am using it in the context of the conference)

Edited by Aldo
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Aldo said:

But to the rest of your post - in my not-so-expert opinion - it appears that recruiting has been subpar so far.

I believe 247 has us at 11 out of 14 teams

We keep signing 2* guys. As Roger Daltrey once said "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss"

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

28 minutes ago, Aldo said:

I'm looking at 247. In my opinion, it's the most up to date and accurate site out there right now. ESPN is guided towards the "big boys" and Rivals doesn't update their site very frequently (also kind of geared to the "big boys"). 

17 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

I'm looking at 247. In my opinion, it's the most up to date and accurate site out there right now. ESPN is guided towards the "big boys" and Rivals doesn't update their site very frequently (also kind of geared to the "big boys"). 

So in your research, you were looking for the little guys. Coolidge. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1