Predict the North Texas / Southern Miss score

Matt from A700

With Fine and Wilson out, the Mean Green will struggle to keep their offense on the field as they have a lot this year. But with a large crowd (thanks to that promotion), the defense will inspire the entire team, score at least one touchdown, force four turnovers, and motivate the Mean Green to keep their bowl chances alive.

Good Guys 27

MississippiSucksAlreadyICan'tImagineThingsGoingAnyFurtherSouth 23

55 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Because 4 interceptions as many quarters was grounds to keep him as the starter. Stop.

I don't fault any 1 player for not getting it all together in their 1st career start. Going into this season Fine and Morris had just about equal playing experience. What if Morris steps in these last 2 weeks and goes for 600 yards and 6 tds while going 2-0. Every single one of us will be pissed off at the what could have been. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 12

7 hours ago, greenminer said:

I'd be "what coulda been" just like everyone else, but I don't get pissed off like you do.

Have to second this. We started the year thinking 3 wins was our ceiling. We've surpassed that. Be happy for this year. Expect more next year.

Edit: more next year if we don't get to a bowl game this year.

Edited by GMG_Dallas
  • Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

I agree. 

But if Alec does end up starting and we win, Littrell needs to be fired immediately after the game. And we only win if Alec has a big day. 

dude, get back on your meds........

9 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

I don't fault any 1 player for not getting it all together in their 1st career start. Going into this season Fine and Morris had just about equal playing experience. What if Morris steps in these last 2 weeks and goes for 600 yards and 6 tds while going 2-0. Every single one of us will be pissed off at the what could have been. 

I think SL made the right choice in the MF gives us a good chance to win this year if all cylinders are hitting....so far....pretty good compared to what we all thought.  But his foresight is that MF plays pretty well this season, and gains a ton of experience next year when he starts pulling in his players to play his style of football.  Go back and look at the comments around Dec/Jan of last year.  Nobody thought SL was pulling in impact players for this year....2-3 wins was pretty much the consensus.  SL had to prepare for this year AND next year simultaneously.  I was a huge Morris guys all a long and was kind of shocked when MF got the nod......but I am not the coach, and I did not see what went on in practice....SL and company did.  Please allow this staff to do their job without criticism for at least 2 years.....seasons.

1 hour ago, Ben Gooding said:

Not actually pissed off, but for sure the what the hell feeling. 

with all this great insight you have on who should be playing, why aren't you a Head FC somewhere?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

11 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

I agree. 

But if Alec does end up starting and we win, Littrell needs to be fired immediately after the game. And we only win if Alec has a big day. 

Really? Please stop. On a site with a history of some pretty dumb statements(mine included), that has to be one of the dumbest. Fine is the future and playing him this year was the right decision for now and the future. DD played Scott Hall his freshman year and Hall took his lumps. Hall made some bad decisions and played poorly at times but he also had flashes of what he would be in the future. That placed the foundation for one of the best runs in school history. Hall needed the experience while the rest of the team was built around him. Morris is/was a stopgap and was never about anything more than that. If Littrell started Morris all year then we would be starting all over with Fine next season. If we win tomorrow then it is about the team stepping up to replace two great starters and overcoming adversity. 

• Upvote 5

Southern Miss is looking for bowl eligibility this weekend, and see this as their shot (with LATech looming next week... it ain't happening there).  They will come in here laser-focused on reaching their goal.

We're missing the cornerstone of our offense, and our starting QB.

I have a feeling it's going to be a long night.

UNT - 17
USM - 31

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

But if Alec does end up starting and we win, Littrell needs to be fired immediately after the game. 

You know, I was thinking he should have been fired after Fine won his first game because why didn't he start him against SMU

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Aldo said:

You know, I was thinking he should have been fired after Fine won his first game because why didn't he start him against SMU

I remember a 3rd down in the Marshall game we didn't pick up through the air, when the previous 3rd down we did pick on the ground and I thought he should have been fired right then.

• Upvote 3

Our defense has been hammered the last two weeks...and boy are they pissed! Those guys are good and they have pride. They will show up and slow the opposition down.

The offense will rally around Alec and Willy and will be determined to send our seniors off with a victory in their last home game. The O-line will block and receivers will get open and catch the balls thrown their way. Alec will play up to his potential.

This team will find a way to win tomorrow!

Mean Green         35

Skanky Miss         31

For the crazies that took my Littrell comment literally...step away from the ledge. 

But if it (ending 6-6 behind Morris) comes to fruition then at MOST, Littrells decision making should be questioned. 

And Mason Fine is not and should not be considered "The Future" of this program. My bet is that we have some viable options coming in at the QB position with Pearson leading the incoming pack. "The Future" needs to be and must be the QB that gives the team the best opportunity to win football games moving foward into 2017 and beyond. It's dumb to think or say otherwise. 

Disclaimer: This is not my attempt to write off Mason Fine. This is my attempt to state the obvious. 

• Downvote 5

15 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

I agree. 

On Saturday, in Denton, the Mean Green fired their head coach immediately after their 33-30 win over Southern Miss. When asked for comment on the move, AD Wren Baker said, "We won, and Alec had a big day. The search for a new coach will begin tomorrow."

12 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

For the crazies that took my Littrell comment literally...step away from the ledge. 

But if it (ending 6-6 behind Morris) comes to fruition then at MOST, Littrells decision making should be questioned. 

And Mason Fine is not and should not be considered "The Future" of this program. My bet is that we have some viable options coming in at the QB position with Pearson leading the incoming pack. "The Future" needs to be and must be the QB that gives the team the best opportunity to win football games moving foward into 2017 and beyond. It's dumb to think or say otherwise. 

Disclaimer: This is not my attempt to write off Mason Fine. This is my attempt to state the obvious. 

what if we win the next two games, with Morris throwing for 450 yards, 1 TD and 3 INT's?

• Upvote 2