6 years ago today.......

The Oklahoma State win was pretty sweet too....

So you are telling me we scored 43 points last night against tech and 92 points 6 years ago? And this is apparently the most talented team ever?

Please fire Benford, took a top 25 team with Mitchell and turned it into this garbage that can barley beat a D3 team  

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

25 minutes ago, Army of Dad said:

It was pretty awesome. I think the attendance was over 7k and the students pretty much filled up the student section in the lower bowl and were pretty deep into the upper bowl that game.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/game?gameId=303200249

how many home games will it take to match that number this year?

Edited by Censored by Laurie
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

First of all, who is Drexel ?  Where are they from ?  Who thinks scheduling a team that at least some people ( me) have never heard of, on the Sunday before Thanksgiving with a pro football game going on, is a good idea ?  It's almost like fans are being dared to come to this game. 

Extra points for anyone that can name the city and mascot of Drexel without looking it up.

Beat Drexel (never thought I'd say that)

GO MEAN GREEN

• Downvote 4

9 minutes ago, greenjoe said:

First of all, who is Drexel ?  Where are they from ?  Who thinks scheduling a team that at least some people ( me) have never heard of, on the Sunday before Thanksgiving with a pro football game going on, is a good idea ?  It's almost like fans are being dared to come to this game. 

Extra points for anyone that can name the city and mascot of Drexel without looking it up.

Beat Drexel (never thought I'd say that)

GO MEAN GREEN

Drexel Dragons....Philadelphia.

If you were a college basketball fan of the last....25 years or so, you'd know who they were.  They were one of the mid-major teams thought to be most jobbed of an NCAA tournament bid a few years ago (ended up making it deep into the NIT).  When I was in High School in the 90's, they made the NCAA tourney a few times, and even won a round.  

• Upvote 6

On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 6:50 PM, shootermcgavin44 said:

UNT- 92

Texas Tech- 83

Just shows you how much the program has fallen off..... Very sad

Benford needs to go. I won't attend another game until he's gone. 

148468_890978405210_5318479_n.jpg

This remains the best live sports event I have ever attended in Denton for a UNT game, in any sport.

Josh White went off in that game, with the loudest roar I have ever heard in the Super Pit when he hit the three that basically clinched the game in OT. Made me realize how great the acoustics really are in the old Pit...

And today, if you combined the entire crowd noise of every single game played in the Pit for this upcoming season, as well as those of the previous 4 years, it still couldn't compare to that one moment in OT against Tech. A real team, a real coach, against a real opponent, with real attendance...that's how far we have fallen. Thanks RV.

• Upvote 4

Man, amazing how nothing good happens for half a decade or so and you become instantly happier wrapped in the cloak of just 'membering the handful of fun times. I feel like I understand so many of ya'll so much better now. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

On November 18, 2016 at 3:28 PM, Quoner said:

Man, amazing how nothing good happens for half a decade or so and you become instantly happier wrapped in the cloak of just 'membering the handful of fun times. I feel like I understand so many of ya'll so much better now. 

What does that even mean?

Ya the last 5 years have been awesome....

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

On 11/18/2016 at 3:28 PM, Quoner said:

Member when we beat Tech? Member NCAA Tournament appearances? Member 20 win seasons?

71805972.jpg

• Upvote 2

I haven't seen a game in the Pit since Benford was hired* and I used to make at least 4 games a year (always bought that mini-4 pack that they sold).  It is way past time for a change.  

*I attended the Midnight Madness (or whatever we called it) his first year, but then we got drubbed by Creighton and beat by Alabama-Huntsville before I had a chance to make a game.  Watching them on TV and seeing the total destruction of a preseason top 25 team was more than I could handle.  People also forget that he suspended nearly every member of that team at one time or another during that disastrous first campaign.  Above all else, that's what put it over the top for me.  Guys who had been here for years, 5th year seniors, getting suspended multiple times was just ludicrous.  I still think the guy must have connections that we were(possibly still are) afraid of upsetting.  There's no other explanation that makes sense for keeping him installed as HC.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, TIgreen01 said:

I haven't seen a game in the Pit since Benford was hired* and I used to make at least 4 games a year (always bought that mini-4 pack that they sold).  It is way past time for a change.  

*I attended the Midnight Madness (or whatever we called it) his first year, but then we got drubbed by Creighton and beat by Alabama-Huntsville before I had a chance to make a game.  Watching them on TV and seeing the total destruction of a preseason top 25 team was more than I could handle.  People also forget that he suspended nearly every member of that team at one time or another during that disastrous first campaign.  Above all else, that's what put it over the top for me.  Guys who had been here for years, 5th year seniors, getting suspended multiple times was just ludicrous.  I still think the guy must have connections that we were(possibly still are) afraid of upsetting.  There's no other explanation that makes sense for keeping him installed as HC.

^^^ This guy gets it 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

On November 17, 2016 at 10:47 AM, Censored by Laurie said:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/game?gameId=303200249

how many home games will it take to match that number this year?

On November 17, 2016 at 0:31 PM, DeepGreen said:

8 games?

I said 4-5 games. Through 4 home games, we are at 5,781 reported attendance.

The DISD game tomorrow might be best attended game all season and will quite easily push us over the 7,105. Probably would do it for a true 'butts in seats' attendance as well.

12 hours ago, shootermcgavin44 said:

Like really who can be opposed to this?

If anyone can tell me Benford has done a good job, please let me know what he has done 

Who are you arguing with? What do you think is happening?

Edited by Quoner
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1