Mid year SMOOfan Check-in

malonish

14 minutes ago, malonish said:

Because I love you guys! :D

Looks like you guys are on the uptick like I expected and we have had some success too. How are all of you feeling about this year? (I know some didn't like that we won but I know you love me deep in your heart of hearts.)

Was wondering how long it would take after the clock hit 0:00 on last weekend's game before one of you guys would show up.    To your credit, it took 5 days!   ...and you're the dude we all like around here, so I know you're not here to gloat.

Think you guys can get bowl-eligible looking at your remaining games?  On one hand, I hope you don't.  On the other, I hope you do.   Tulane should be a sure win.   ECU looks bad as well.   Think you can get another somewhere?

We're excited that we've gone from 0-7 at this point last year to 4-3.  

The future looks bright for both teams!

I second @Cerebus's question.

• Upvote 4

32 minutes ago, malonish said:

Because I love you guys! :D

Looks like you guys are on the uptick like I expected and we have had some success too. How are all of you feeling about this year? (I know some didn't like that we won but I know you love me deep in your heart of hearts.)

Hah. +1 for the comedy.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, malonish said:

I like it. It gives both fan bases a short drive and I got my butt grabbed at one of the Apogee tailgates so that was nice.

The other 20 fans ;) I think do want it to continue.

You misspelled M-E-T-H and yes.

You guys are on meth now?  I thought it was coke.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, Rudy said:

You guys are on meth now?  I thought it was coke.

Meth must be sexy again - the new heroin.  

@malonish congrats on the progress...it says a lot when teams improve week over week as the season grinds on.  

We feel good.  Will feel a lot better after taking care of business against UTSA.  Certainly we are all surprised to a degree but we expected this sooner or later so it's nice that it came early.  Our boys are playing with a heck of a lot more heart and direction.  It'd be nice to start playing the Safeway bowls with both teams coming off bowl victories.  Welcome back and thanks for stopping by.  

• Upvote 3

I think it's funny that even when a humble SMU fan who is totally cool pokes fun at his own school using our jokes (like Southern Meth), you guys get on him for that.  I've been on their board a few times, don't talk trash, and they're all really nice and respectful when I'm just engaging in discussion.  Sometimes I feel like some of you just like arguing...the only fight that matters is on the field.  Other than when SMU plays us, I hope they kill it and bring in more and more fans (wishful thinking usually, but still...).  Especially when they bring in opponents' fans, the tourism revenue helps fund things like the roads that most of our students and alumni drive on every day.  I root for success for every school in the DFW area as it drives revenues and tax dollars that help all of us (and yeah...still planning to move back home soon...hopefully...).

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

11 hours ago, JesseMartin said:

I think it's funny that even when a humble SMU fan who is totally cool pokes fun at his own school using our jokes (like Southern Meth), you guys get on him for that.  I've been on their board a few times, don't talk trash, and they're all really nice and respectful when I'm just engaging in discussion.  Sometimes I feel like some of you just like arguing...the only fight that matters is on the field.  Other than when SMU plays us, I hope they kill it and bring in more and more fans (wishful thinking usually, but still...).  Especially when they bring in opponents' fans, the tourism revenue helps fund things like the roads that most of our students and alumni drive on every day.  I root for success for every school in the DFW area as it drives revenues and tax dollars that help all of us (and yeah...still planning to move back home soon...hopefully...).

So, he comes on here cracking jokes, and we crack said jokes back at him, and that's wrong?  Ummmmm k?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I think what Jesse is saying is like, SMU guy comes in cutting himself down. Okay, haha, good times. Then everyone wants in on the I'm-funny pie and starts adding their own little bit to cut down the outsider. Maybe one or two people can do it and still seem light-hearted, but after a while of the same type of joke being made by everyone it's like...come on, we can do better. 

I mean, idc, evidently I've had a narrow view of people's true nature until recently. I'm just stating my understanding of what Jesse said. Everyone proceed with the meth=methodist jokes, as is tradition.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

2 hours ago, Rudy said:

So, he comes on here cracking jokes, and we crack said jokes back at him, and that's wrong?  Ummmmm k?

No...just weird that people seem like they were giving him crap for making fun of himself.  There's much better material available if you wanna tease people.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

In the last 100 years I've actually had quite a few SMU friends.  I hired 2 or 3 and a real  good un' when I was early in the Tech School recruiting business as Recruitiing Manager.  She is a black lady & we are still friends to this day.    She laughed at my country corn hillbilly jokes better than anyone.  She also told em' to her mother in Dallas who called me....THAT JIM PLUMMER!  Life is short...have as much legal fun as you can.  

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, malonish said:

All this negativity is triggering. We're gonna need a safe space, ASAP.

PijcGEU.gif

There isn't a safe space big enough for an SMU grad's ego.

Note for anyone who failed your comedy course - he introduced a new, unique joke and I made a response that corresponds with his joke instead of "haha, drugs..."

Edited by Tyler Maryak
  • Upvote 2