Scheduling once UAB comes back

Matt from A700

I don't know if anybody here has any insight to it, but do you think the conference would change the home-and-away patterns once UAB rejoins our division in 2017? I'm tired of facing all UTEP, UTSA, and Rice on the road or all at home every season. I doubt anything will change, because it'd be way too easy to keep it like it is and play UAB, Southern Miss, and La Tech all on the road/home instead of creating a new formula, but it'd sure be nice.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, rws69 said:

I hope they use the UAB return as an opportunity to split our Texas competition home and away schedules.

While I would like to have the division schedule more balanced, there is a problem in what would have to happen to fix it. Likely it would mean giving up a home game to get the schedule fixed. We are do to play everyone at home next year and fixing the schedule means we'd have to play at least one of those away. No one here is going to like that option. 

9 hours ago, Matt from A700 said:

I don't know if anybody here has any insight to it, but do you think the conference would change the home-and-away patterns once UAB rejoins our division in 2017? I'm tired of facing all UTEP, UTSA, and Rice on the road or all at home every season. I doubt anything will change, because it'd be way too easy to keep it like it is and play UAB, Southern Miss, and La Tech all on the road/home instead of creating a new formula, but it'd sure be nice.

Why don't you set up a poll?

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 2

2 hours ago, VideoEagle said:

While I would like to have the division schedule more balanced, there is a problem in what would have to happen to fix it. Likely it would mean giving up a home game to get the schedule fixed. We are do to play everyone at home next year and fixing the schedule means we'd have to play at least one of those away. No one here is going to like that option. 

I guess not having Rice next season would be ok. Games down there are almost a home game anyway. It is my understanding that UNTs fans were louder than Rice fans this season.

it will probably change. They have discussed this on the CUSA board and the notion is that UAB's return will bring about a more permanent schedule rotation ( a la the B1G and SEC, also 14 team conferences w/ 7 team divisions and 8 conference games).

with UAB, teams will play 6 division games and 2 foes from the East. 3 home division games, 3 away division game. It's possible they slot UAB in with Southern Miss and LA Tech on our schedule, but I think our AD will request a change like your suggesting. Look for us to make a consecutive road trip to either Houston or San Antonio in 2017

On 10/27/2016 at 10:43 AM, Matt from A700 said:

There was a chance to shake it up when UAB left and ODU/Charlotte came on.  We were under different leadership at the time.   I have no idea if the previous regime thought having 3-home/3-away was a good idea for the Texas teams or not, but the schedule did not change.    Maybe it will this time under new leadership.

2 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

There was a chance to shake it up when UAB left and ODU/Charlotte came on.  We were under different leadership at the time.   I have no idea if the previous regime thought having 3-home/3-away was a good idea for the Texas teams or not, but the schedule did not change.    Maybe it will this time under new leadership.

It very well may not change, but i at least believe that it will be requested this time.  Cant say i believe it was or even considered last time.