NT @ UTSA Possible Bowl Elimination Game

Cerebus

C-USA Bowl Projections: 5 in good shape; UTSA, UNT battle for bid

Middle Tennessee, Western Kentucky, Louisiana Tech, Old Dominion and Southern Miss all seem to be in good shape to reach six wins and bowl eligibility. North Texas (4-3) and Texas-San Antonio (3-4) are also in the running and Saturday's game between those two teams may amount to an elimination game.

1 hour ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

Out of all of those including a 6 win North Texas wonder who the Heart of Dallas Bowl people would want?

Doesn't matter what they want if the conference champion wants to go there. Conference champion gets to choose which bowl game it ways wants.

32 minutes ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

I'm no mathematician, but doesn't one of the teams have to have 6 losses for this to be a possible bowl elimination game?

The authors point is that whichever team loses will probably not win enough games in their remaining schedule to get to six.

For example we would have to win two of the following four:

• La Tech
  • WKU
  • USM
  • UTEP

I agree that would be a pretty tall order. Beating UTSA will really help our bowl chances, losing will really hurt them.

I guess the author means it becomes more difficult for the winner to get to six wins. But in theory BOTH NT and UTKFC could get to six wins no matter the outcome this Saturday. 

I hope the team is just focused on each game at a time as looking a head for such a young team is a recipe for disaster! The team has shown they are capable of winning six game - even capable of winning out. But they are very young, the staff is still very new and a lot of things can go wrong.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

Doesn't matter what they want if the conference champion wants to go there. Conference champion gets to choose which bowl game it ways wants.

The authors point is that whichever team loses will probably not win enough games in their remaining schedule to get to six.

• La Tech
  • WKU
  • USM
  • UTEP

I agree that would be a pretty tall order. Beating UTSA will really help our bowl chances, losing will really hurt them.

I know on paper that's how its supposed to work, but I HIGHLY doubt its that simple behind closed doors. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, KingDL1 said:

if we don't win out. 

I believe in our coaching staff but I am not ready to chug down that much Kool Aide.  

I think USM is floundering and if the Mean Green keep improving week to week we have a good chance to win at home.

I think that as long as we don't regress we should be favored to beat UTEP.

LaTech should be 6-3 when they face us, with their losses being to Arkansas, Texas Tech and a 4 point loss to MTSU.  They have already beaten WKU.  

WKU should roll into our game at 7-3, their losses so far being Alabama, Vanderbilt, and a 4 point loss to LaTech.

Beat UTSA this week and we are all but assured of going to a bowl game.  Lose and things get really sketchy. 

Why are ODU and USM in any better shape to go to a bowl than NT?   All are 4-3.  Both have easier remaining schedules than NT, but they do play each other.  USM has a big home game against La Tech and away games against both ODU and NT.  ODU has away games at UTEP and FAU, neither will be easy for them.  At home they have Marshall, USM and FIU.  

NT playing away at WKU and home against both La Tech and USM has the toughest schedule by far.   However, I don't think ODU and USM are in another plateau when it comes to odds of being bowl eligible. 

13 minutes ago, Boca_Nasty_96 said:

Hopefully the football God`s will look down and let the Mean Green win on Saturday. Its going to be a tough game but if we win and i know SL always says every win a big win, but this win will sneak us into a bowl game 

GMG

No!  The Mean Green are going into the AlamoDome and punch UTSA in the face with a ferocious defense and an offense that will put enough points on the board to get the win.  And North Texas will earn the win the old fashioned way:  hard play, determination, athleticism, and superior coaching.

4 minutes ago, DeepGreen said:

No!  The Mean Green are going into the AlamoDome and punch UTSA in the face with a ferocious defense and an offense that will put enough points on the board to get the win.  And North Texas will earn the win the old fashioned way:  hard play, determination, athleticism, and superior coaching.

Hell Yea because of what you just said I`m hyped and you`re right The MEAN GREEN Are going to the Alamo Dome to Hunt for some DAMN ROADRUNNERS SCREW UTSA 

GMG 

• Upvote 1

UTSA has to play MTSU,La.Tech,and Texas A&M on the road three weeks in a row.before finishing at home against Charlotte.We have So.Miss[winnable] and La.Tech [not so much] at home, with UTEP[winnable] and W.K.[see La. Tech] on the road.UTSA won't make it even if they beat us, while we still can even with a loss Saturday. A win against Roadrunners would certainly ease the pressure of winning 2 of last 4 games.

On Thursday, October 27, 2016 at 8:45 AM, Cerebus said:

• La Tech
  • WKU
  • USM
  • UTEP

I don't see UNT winning three of those. If UNT wins today then it looks good. I think UTSA is out even if they win today. 

On 10/28/2016 at 1:23 PM, DeepGreen said:

Damned straight!!

hqdefault.jpg

• Upvote 1