Official UTSA Game Score Prediction Thread

Eagle-96

1 minute ago, UNTLifer said:

Have you been watching our defense?

Yeah that was what I was thinking, no way we give up that many points on the defense so I guess we would really have to fail at Offense and Special teams. 

I think that I'll wait for Tyler Maryak to post to see how it stacks up with my thoughts.  Since Tyler hit the exact spread (18 points) last week, I bow to that.  He did, however, miss the exact score four points low on both North Texas and Army.  Still, that was eerie with so many factors involved. 

With no wind or wet ball involved, Trevor could hit a field goal or two and Mason another TD or two.  I'm looking to more scoring than last week but if our defense continues to improve it could move my point spread a little more.  UTSA is a Jekyl and Hyde team but I believe that they'll give a maximum effort Saturday.  I believe that UNT will win but I'm just not capable of determining by how much at this time.

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Have you been watching our defense?

Indeed I have...and a fine defense they are developing into. I am worried about a letdown this week. I also do not take nUTSAck lightly, and what they might be able to do in their own house. I have an uneasy feeling about this game, just can't help it.

North Texas Mean Green........35

UTSA Beep! Beeps!................28

UTSA seems to play at the level of their competition until they play North Texas.  I guess our having some semblance of a 100 plus year football history & an on-campus presence with our Mean Green Village might get stuck in their craws for whatever reason.  In all fairness, in the past we have flaunted that difference.  They like their role of "new kid on the block" kicks "old kid on the block."

I admire that their city has so quickly gotten behind their program, but they don't exactly schedule the "sisters of the poor" for those home games, either, like we've seen in prior seasons.  Honestly, I would have traded their home OOC past schedules versus ours in a New York Minute.  A school tends to recruit toward such a schedule and their stadium venue.   Yet.....you beat a few of those kind of football programs at home said school begins to move toward Top 25 considerations.   They've really come a long ways in so short of time.

Until Wren gets a'hold of our future home OOC schedule, we still have had better name schools to play us at Fouts Field, but lets see what happens in future schedules at Apogee.  A dream Apogee schedule with name schools would be versus those who could bring a few thousand fans, but I don't know if that is always going to be possible so then we talk about schools up North who'll only bring a storied past but few travelling fans.

It is what it is at the end of the day. :)

GMG! 

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

9 hours ago, EagleMBA said:

Indeed I have...and a fine defense they are developing into. I am worried about a letdown this week. I also do not take nUTSAck lightly, and what they might be able to do in their own house. I have an uneasy feeling about this game, just can't help it.

I kind of have that feeling too. They are real sneaky, it must be that fried chicken grease that makes them slip by. If you look at it though, UNT vs. UTSA games have always been real close in score. Like one touchdown close.. The problem is, it's been mostly in UTSA's favor in snatching the win. 

This ain't your father's Mac!

This is THE LETTRELL TEAM no bad eyesight and no slippery fingers, just a wave of devastation. 

It is a fact of nature that Eagles eat silly roadrunners. Nature will run its course. 

http://www.enature.com/expert/expert_show_question.asp?questionID=4133