Giovanni Vizza on UTSA Coaching Staff

UNT Mean Green

If Vizza hadn't left when he did, he'd be another concussion looking for a place to happen.  Our o-line was so bad I don't blame anyone that had to line up behind them for leaving.  It seems as if Riley had to leave here on a gurney.  The quarterback during that era was designated tackling dummy.

I don't like quitters either but to stay under those circumstances is idiotic.  

• Upvote 4

"Look Dalton, I've lived this before... It's only a matter of time before Coach Wilson brings his son here, and when he does, it's not going to be fair.  He's going to say you're still the starter because you're the superior QB.  Heck, coach will even put his son at WR, but you'll be in constant paranoia because he's going to take your job... You just know it.  So, you gotta quit now dude."

• Upvote 6

3 minutes ago, GrayEagle said:

If Vizza hadn't left when he did, he'd be another concussion looking for a place to happen.  Our o-line was so bad I don't blame anyone that had to line up behind them for leaving.  It seems as if Riley had to leave here on a gurney.  The quarterback during that era was designated tackling dummy.

I don't like quitters either but to stay under those circumstances is idiotic.  

The thing that put it over the top was his father for me. 

On 10/24/2016 at 1:37 PM, UNTLifer said:

I wonder if he still likes rolling around town, zig-zagging through traffic listening to Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefer Band?

He did have some highlights while he was here although he went down in a blaze of glory, getting blitzed and all. He got lit up a lot while he was here, especially between the hashishes, I mean tackles. Todd Dodge had a recipe but ol' Vizza just wasn't doing the baking that Dodge wanted. I don't know if he should be stoned for leaving the way he did, but he certainly has San Antonio roots, like a potted plant, so I get why he spends his daze down there.

Edited by Cr1028
Thanks Adler
  • Upvote 5

He is a former letterman and an alumni.  He came in and played his butt off for us for two seasons and won conference freshman of the year honors.  If you think Mason Fine had a hard time standing behind a line that let FLORIDA sacked him seven times, remember Vizza had a line that let TROY sack him 9 times.  

Let's be a little classy.   

1 minute ago, Cerebus said:

He is a former letterman and an alumni.  He came in and played his butt off for us for two seasons and won conference freshman of the year honors.  If you think Mason Fine had a hard time standing behind a line that let FLORIDA sacked him seven times, remember Vizza had a line that let TROY sack him 9 times.  

Stay Classy San Diego....

Just now, Cerebus said:

He's an alumni?  He graduated from NT? 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

1 minute ago, Cerebus said:

An alumnus is someone who has graduated from or attended a school.  SRC: Merriam-Webster

Many years ago, I met a guy at work who saw me in NT gear and said he was an alumnus. I asked when he graduated and he said he only attended the first semester of his freshman year. I had to go look up the definition of alumnus and sure as $hit this is exactly what it said. It made me wonder how many Shorthorn & aTm fans were one hit wonders? 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

An alumnus is someone who has graduated from or attended a school.  SRC: Merriam-Webster

Exactly!  It's like the media and whorn alumni saying Jordan Spieth is a UT Alum.  No.  He attended UT and played golf for UT for two years but he did not get his degree from UT.  And who was the basketball wizard at UT that played one year then went pro.  No more a UT alum than I am.  I have this argument with my UT brother all the time.

Vizza is not an Alum of The University of North Texas.

Edited by DeepGreen
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 6