Homecoming sweetness

Wag Tag

2 minutes ago, Hunter Green said:

I'm just wondering if the Homecoming King and Queen will be gender neutral. Then what do we call them? Homecoming people(s)?

That is a conversation better suited for the eagles nest not the football forum. 

3 minutes ago, Hunter Green said:

A thousand pardons,sir. Just a random though and a lame attempt to be funny. I thought it was, anyway.

No problem at all, it is just some subjects here take on a life of their own. 

10 minutes ago, Ben Gooding said:

Not IF we go into homecoming week 5-3, but WHEN we go into homecoming 5-3 Apogee better be to capacity or damn close to it. GMG

It will be interesting if Wren can get Homecoming as our first sellout if this situation plays out. We will still need decent weather. 

6 minutes ago, NorthTexan95 said:

I think it's asking a bit much for Wren to pull a sellout for this game but it could be the biggest crowd of the year. 

Yeah, I don't think a sellout is going to happen this season.

If Wren (or rather his new hires) can be as effective as we hope and we continue to have this kind of on the field success it could be possible to get a sell out next season.

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, KingDL1 said:

It will be interesting if Wren can get Homecoming as our first sellout if this situation plays out. We will still need decent weather. 

I think a sellout is probably out of reach in year 1 given our history. But I think we could have a record crowd WHEN we beat utsa. And a record crowd will be 1k+ short of a sellout and I could live with that.

*Weather on the 5th is calling for high of 67, low of 52 with 30% chance of light rain. 

Hey I thought going into this season there was not a chance in hell we could be bowl eligible this year, and now it looks probable.   Why not shoot high? The new man may have a plan.

What if we host the conference Championship this year? Not saying we will. 

1 hour ago, Ben Gooding said:

Not IF we go into homecoming week 5-3, but WHEN we go into homecoming 5-3 Apogee better be to capacity or damn close to it. GMG

Compare it to 2013 when we were rolling and 6-3 heading into homecoming. That game drew just over 26K announced. If we can take care of business vs UTSA then we should look for about the same.

2 minutes ago, KingDL1 said:

What if we host the conference Championship this year? Not saying we will. 

I think WKU is winning the East.  

They already beat MTSU and they will be favored in their remaining games:

• FAU
  • FIU
  • Marshall
  • North Texas

If by the Power of Eppy's Ghost we won out and beat them we would face them again in Denton.  The only wrench in that machinery is that if we did beat WKU, MTSU will almost assuredly beat out their schedule (FIU, UTSA, Charlotte, FAU) and we would have to play them in the Boro.  

First things first though, lets get win #5.