Army Fan In Disgust

DeepGreen

Disgusted with Army's play today and subsequent loss to North Texas, this fan said......

"My daughter just took a steamy milk shit in her diaper. I'm just going to go stare intently at her work, as it's preferable to this hot trash performance. 

Nice fumble on a 30-yard pass. You're in AMI til you REFRAD."

LOL!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

2 hours ago, DeepGreen said:

Disgusted with Army's play today and subsequent loss to North Texas, this fan said......

"My daughter just took a steamy milk shit in her diaper. I'm just going to go stare intently at her work, as it's preferable to this hot trash performance. 

Nice fumble on a 30-yard pass. You're in AMI til you REFRAD."

LOL!

This is the first time I have seen the D actually go after ball. They wanted take aways and created a lot of the fumbles! GMG 

• Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, KRAM1 said:

The Mean Green WIN this one by earning it and surprising Army with its speed and and ability to adjust to that triple option.

I was impressed by how *fast* we looked against Army ... I've been so used to us looking slow over the last 2 years.

Our D definitely did enough to get Army out of their comfort zone.  Our D coaches/players were awesome.

We made plenty of mistakes... multiple cases where Fine missed an open receiver (on the interception, our receiver was open before the ball was thrown - Mason just held it too long).  Fine played gritty as always and fought through it.  I think the weather really bothered him at times.

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, 97and03 said:

Sorry, no. Thanks to Army for the win.

I can only tell you what I saw in the game I watched. In the game I watched our defense was, fast. swarming, hard hitting, playing out of there minds, forcing turnovers and pressing Army's offense to make mistakes. Our defense came in well prepared for today and I am very happy with what I saw. At least two of the penalties on our defense were totally wrong but the worst one was followed by a pick a play or two later so it was neglected  

Just got home from game. Regarding missed field goals, it was cold, wet, and we were kicking into a strong wind.Our defense played great,got running game going in 2nd half, and we took advantage of 8 Army turnovers. Not the Black Knights best outing, but when you are 20 point dogs on the road you need all the help you can get. Overall, a well deserved win for the Eagles,Lets enjoy.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, SilverEagle said:

Folks, down the (recent) corridor of years  we have handed games like this (multiple mistakes etc) to countless other teams. What say we enjoy this (rare) positive ride on the karma train.

8 hours ago, greenminer said:

Safe to say we played well enough to beat them, AND they contributed to their loss?

I can agree with both of these.

My observation was that they were undisciplined unlike in their first six games.

I also did not feel like our offense was terribly effective. As has become the expectation, our D was solid. They gave up a lot of yards, but that was not surprising. Jenkins is a force. Thankfully, their qb had a McNulty arm. 

This game had a different feel. During the Marshall game I never felt worried for some reason. In this one, it wasn't the same. 

19 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Who is Jeffries on defense?  @KRAM1, I think you are mistaken on the name but I can't figure out who you are referring to in this case. 

Yes, sorry...definitely meant Jenkins.  My bad.  Guy had a super game and I type the wrong name.  Ugh!

14 hours ago, 97and03 said:

I can agree with both of these.

My observation was that they were undisciplined unlike in their first six games.

I also did not feel like our offense was terribly effective. As has become the expectation, our D was solid. They gave up a lot of yards, but that was not surprising. Jenkins is a force. Thankfully, their qb had a McNulty arm. 

This game had a different feel. During the Marshall game I never felt worried for some reason. In this one, it wasn't the same. 

They were running that triple option and capable of reeling off large chunks of yardage.  Yep it felt different.  Definitely agree with that.  Just not your supposition that UNT didn't win, but rather that Army gave it to the Mean Green.  They did not...the Mean Green took it away from Army and took home the Win.

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 2

Cadets are required to attend all games. And they stay until the end. They conceded defeat vocally and loudly, booing Coach decision to use all of their timeouts late in the game. The men wanted out of there. It was really something to witness.

And to see our team line up in victory formation, on the road, 18 point dogs: priceless.

Admittedly we have an n of 1, but it seems we have found a coach that knows what to do with a bye week.

GMG

Edited by untcampbell
Addition

On 10/23/2016 at 4:15 AM, 97and03 said:

I also did not feel like our offense was terribly effective

Our offense scored 4 times, generated 320 yards of total offense.

Passing was 6.9 yards per att. Rushing was 6.1 yards per attempt.

All that in 22 minutes. 

• Upvote 1