MGB weekly prediction: UNT will pull stunner at Army

Brett Vito

45 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

No way we hold them to only 23. 

Why not?  Teams haven't just pounded the ball down our throats this season.  The big gains in rushing early on came from scrambles or missed assignments.  Those got corrected.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, GMG24 said:

Why not?  Teams haven't just pounded the ball down our throats this season.  The big gains in rushing early on came from scrambles or missed assignments.  Those got corrected.

Really hoping the assignment part is the best it's ever been for this week. Only way to stop a triple option is sound gap integrity and tackling

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

Really hoping the assignment part is the best it's ever been for this week. Only way to stop a triple option is sound gap integrity and tackling

If this staff has proven anything, it is that they will get mistakes corrected and rather quickly especially on the Defensive side of the ball.  If we can get a few stops early and the offense can score once or twice I think we can get them uncomfortable and try to force stuff.  I really, really like our chances. 

37 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

If this staff has proven anything, it is that they will get mistakes corrected and rather quickly especially on the Defensive side of the ball.  If we can get a few stops early and the offense can score once or twice I think we can get them uncomfortable and try to force stuff.  I really, really like our chances. 

This is the key to the game. Do this and I love our chances. Don't do this and I hate our chances. Getting a run based team behind the 8ball on the scoreboard early is the best way and quickest way to put them to bed early. 

• Upvote 1

I know the triple option is something completely different than we've seen all season... but we are actually fairly stout against the run. I actually thought we'd pull this one out as well... This is all contingent on our offense executing... we can't have our defense on the field for most of the game as in several prior games..

4 hours ago, Ben Gooding said:

This is the key to the game. Do this and I love our chances. Don't do this and I hate our chances. Getting a run based team behind the 8ball on the scoreboard early is the best way and quickest way to put them to bed early. 

Score on our opening drive! GMG 

If Hood can step this game it will be a big help with his big body clogging the middle,  After last season I gave up on the Mean Green and had no expectations going into this season.   Now they have been thinking we can win again!  Hold on Lucy is holding the football for me to kick, be back in a second,

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, GOMG2013 said:

Just for this one game, I would have considered playing buyers at corner.  This is going to be a very different type of game for our corners and they are going to have to get dirty.  

I think you can say the same for our receiving corps though. They're going to have to be physical. I like the corners we have and I don't think it's worth the risk of having Buyers play a position he hasn't played since, what, 2014? I say keep him where he's at.