I need your help

greenjoe

20 hours ago, GMG_Dallas said:

When I was at UNT, I definitely saw people driving around asking people to take off their "other" school shirts and to put on a UNT shirt which was provided for free. These were usually students of SGA doing this though. 

I saw this on my Facebook feed about 14 hours ago. It's SGA and Talons.

14572754_1120608211322042_3879870355300042064_n.jpg

• Upvote 3

On October 13, 2016 at 3:52 PM, golfingomez said:

isn't that what Ricky V used to do at times?

That was RV's original idea the way the Mean Green are named after Joe Greene.  

Much like the woman who actually coined the phrase, my (not SGA's) efforts to get that started on our campus will continue to be incorrectly attributed

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

On 10/13/2016 at 3:52 PM, golfingomez said:

isn't that what Ricky V used to do at times?

I remember him mentioning this during Orientation at Apogee. At first I thought it was cool, but then you realize no one is going to drive to the Athletic Center to trade in shirts...even if you went to the AC a freshman wouldn't know where the hell to go since no one is ever at that desk out front. 

Good to see SGA take it to where the students actually are. 

Yep.  We've already got the promotion approved by the Athletic Department, we've ordered and received the t-shirts and we're waiting to get the script approved.  All we need now is to have Mean Greens fans to answer "No" and "Yes."  In that order.

I think this is going to be fun.

GO MEAN GREEN

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, greenjoe said:

Yep.  We've already got the promotion approved by the Athletic Department, we've ordered and received the t-shirts and we're waiting to get the script approved.  All we need now is to have Mean Greens fans to answer "No" and "Yes."  In that order.

I think this is going to be fun.

GO MEAN GREEN

Well done, Sir! Good on you!

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Saw the t-shirt give away during the Drexel game.  Lots of fun.  Lady was wearing a Dallas Cowboys shirt.  Does this even count?  Anyway, she put on the Mean Green Tee over her Cowboys shirt.  Later the camera picked he up in her seat...guess what?  She had taken the UNT tee off...folded it nicely over the seat in front of her and was again displaying the Dallas Cowboys tee.  WHAT?  I wanted to go grab the UNT tee and give it to someone else!  Should have been required to keep that UNT Tee on!

This is a fun promo and funded by a great UNT fan.  Let's get behind this at the games and have some fun with it at every home game.  Thanks greenjoe.  Well played, Sir.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1