What Is Most Pressing To You

Eagle-96

Ok, so the report is out. We've had time to look at it and it is bad. REAL BAD. The question is. What is the most pressing need at this point. Where should Wren start. My opinion is that we need to start with taking care of the athletes we have currently. The issue with athletes not having their own lockers? Having to pay for their own uniform? That's shameful and needs to be addressed like yesterday. I think Wren needs to do two things. He needs to put the new ADA for External Affairs to work raising the funds needed for the indoor practice facility because that will take time and is down the road so get him on it and get the funds needed. The funds can be raised and used to add the project on to the new track facility. Let's just build them in one fell swoop. The track facility is scheduled to begin construction next year. Just do it all at once.

But the most pressing need is that we need to take care of the current athletes and make sure EVERYONE has at least the basics they need to compete(uniforms, lockers, supplements, weights, access to trainers, access to strength staff) That is the part of the report that got my blood boiling. We don't even have the bare bones minimums for some athletes. RV and the old staff are pathetic for allowing this to happen. It's shameful and sad.

Strategically to me we need to get MGC funding up ASAP.  You do that and no one has to buy their own uniforms, and the facilities are taken care of. 

Tactically we need to get CUSTOMER SERVICE up to par YESTERDAY.  You aren't going to get people to buy tickets, merchandise, or make donations without the proper customer service attitude.  Get them trained, make sure their management knows customer service is a priority.  

Make it EASY for the customer to fall in love with the process of giving you money.  

Productivity on the field and court. That is the most pressing and that is what needs to the most attention. Give these teams what they need to be successful. So per the report, I would say that recruiting funding needs to be upped. But not at a gaudy level, but respectable to CUSA and maybe even MWC. Also, getting new uniforms for both basketball and football. Look good, feel good, play good. It's a real thing. 

11 minutes ago, Eagle-96 said:

Ok, so the report is out. We've had time to look at it and it is bad. REAL BAD. The question is. What is the most pressing need at this point. Where should Wren start. My opinion is that we need to start with taking care of the athletes we have currently. The issue with athletes not having their own lockers? Having to pay for their own uniform? That's shameful and needs to be addressed like yesterday. I think Wren needs to do two things. He needs to put the new ADA for External Affairs to work raising the funds needed for the indoor practice facility because that will take time and is down the road so get him on it and get the funds needed. The funds can be raised and used to add the project on to the new track facility. Let's just build them in one fell swoop. The track facility is scheduled to begin construction next year. Just do it all at once.

But the most pressing need is that we need to take care of the current athletes and make sure EVERYONE has at least the basics they need to compete(uniforms, lockers, supplements, weights, access to trainers, access to strength staff) That is the part of the report that got my blood boiling. We don't even have the bare bones minimums for some athletes. RV and the old staff are pathetic for allowing this to happen. It's shameful and sad.

There are so many little things on that list  have been addressed or can be immediately with staffing changes. Fix all the small budget issues NOW! (mow the fring'n grass) Address customer service. Exciting GMG

6 minutes ago, Aldo said:

I agree on the MGC/funding part to get to fixing.

But for me specifically? Fix the pool first. Since it actually affects someone's well being, that would be my first priority. (If I read it right). Either that or shut it down.

That is something that affects not only athletes but the general student population as well. Might be able to pull money from general funds to fix that. But you're right. We're talking about peoples health and well being. 

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, Eagle-96 said:

That is something that affects not only athletes but the general student population as well. Might be able to pull money from general funds to fix that. But you're right. We're talking about peoples health and well being. 

There is (or at least was) $75 per semester fee just for the rec center. I have no idea why there there even a question about where the money should come from.

They've got PR problem now.  We have a HUGE laundry list, made public, of all the stuff wrong with the program.  If I were Wren I'd take the same approach he made with the game surveys.  Get someone to start writing up all the stuff that has been done already to fix stuff (tell us you've mowed the grass and cut the weeds) and lay out some plans to fix other stuff.  Right now we're all wringing  out hands about stuff that may or may not have already been fixed.  Make it public for a while.  Create a section on Meangreensports.com to post that info and assign a staffer to update it every few weeks.  Maybe include a link to make donations for specific action items?

Probsbly wouldn't have to continue it for more than a few months.  The Mean Green faithful would see that the easy stuff had been addressed and would know the other stuff was being worked on.  

This doesn't have to be NEGATIVE!  They can use this as a huge positive to say "Look at all the stuff we're doing" and "we're active", "you don't have to worry about the same old mentality any more".

• Upvote 1