DRC: breaking - Consultants report critical of UNT

Brett Vito

1 hour ago, DeepGreen said:

Under funded recruiting budget.  That right there says a lot when you look at the overall lack of success in most of our sports.  Been thinking that for years.

I have to imagine a select few sitting in some room somewhere thinking, "Look where we are! The recruiting hot bed of 'merica.  We don't need to spend a dime cuz they'll come to us."

I'm being sarcastic, but I don't think you can say that reality is much of a stretch.

Also, this reads ten times better than sorting through 27,000 posts from you-know-who.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 3

RV sat on his butt and compared the quality of our overall facilities to the 1990's era. With the exception of Apogee, he apparently wasn't able to understand (or care) that much of our competition was actively improving their facilities continually as we basically stayed stuck in the mud.

I really hate putting baseball on the back burner, but so be it, since I have to agree that our current programs need to be priority one. I'm guessing that baseball may have to wait for a major donor who really loves the game.

• Upvote 4

The link seems to be broken this morning as it just goes to the DRC site map. Even the link in Vito's blog just goes to the site map. 

EDIT: After poking around in the site map, I found the article. I suspect it was moved when it got published in the print version of the paper. Here's the new link.

http://www.dentonrc.com/local-news/local-news-headlines/20160928-report-highly-critical-of-unt-athletics1.ece

Every fan should read this! 

Edited by VideoEagle
  • Upvote 4

26 minutes ago, VideoEagle said:

The link seems to be broken this morning as it just goes to the DRC site map. Even the link in Vito's blog just goes to the site map. 

EDIT: After poking around in the site map, I found the article. I suspect it was moved when it got published in the print version of the paper. Here's the new link.

http://www.dentonrc.com/local-news/local-news-headlines/20160928-report-highly-critical-of-unt-athletics1.ece

Every fan should read this! 

Thank you for the new link--I just finished reading it and I feel like my view on UNT adding baseball was validated in that they felt baseball needs to be placed on a back burner for an indoor facility. We don't need another drain of a program that sucks always valuable resources from football and basketball.

• Upvote 3

Also, President Smatresk's comments at the end of Vito's piece are less than encouraging. He seems to have a pretty dismissive attitude about the consultant's report and think that Baker will solve everything. 

He cant. Not without help. 

You can tell what people are actually saying by how they say it, and his comments are concerning. 

If UNT doesn't fix its problems, it will find itself banished by CUSA, a la Idaho and the Belt.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 5

9 hours ago, KingDL1 said:

I say this grounds to sue his inept butt, so we don't have to pay RV another cent.

I don't think it makes sense to sue a person because they proved to be incompetent at their job especially if you hired them and then failed to hold them accountable for their anemic performance year after year after year despite the complaints and warning from the fans and alumni.

However! I would have sued the hell out of mac.  He was a con man from the get go. He cleverly stole 2.3 million dollars from the University. No conscience, no shame. He needs to return that money!!

Edited by meangreenbob
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

11 hours ago, Brett Vito said:

Some of the changes started taken place before the report with the hiring of Seth and staff and spending the $ on them. Coach took this job with the past problems still in place! I will also guarantee Wren was aware of this before he took the job! For him to accept that means he was promised $ to fix it! I really don't give a Sh!t on how things were handle in the past! It is time for all at UNT to say F potential let's now reach it ! GMG   Still can't praise enough Prez Smat our Top Gun!!!

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

4 hours ago, Silent Eagle said:

1) I guess the dudes who vehemently supporting RV will never come back to the forums. 

2) The banner was totally warranted. 

3) I never want to see RV at a game again. It's absolutely atrocious we had SA who couldn't be furnished equipment. So much work to do. 

I really don't see why RV would want to show his face around campus after being tarred and feathered by that scathing report. But, he is hard headed enough to walk through the crowd at Apogee this weekend still clinging to his false perception of how he elevated UNT Athletics.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

Some of the changes started taken place before the report with the hiring of Seth and staff and spending the $ on them. Coach took this job with the past problems still in place! I will also guarantee Wren was aware of this before he took the job! For him to accept that means he was promised $ to fix it! I really don't give a Sh!t on how things were handle in the past! It is time for all at UNT to say F potential let's now reach it ! GMG   Still can't praise enough Prez Smat our Top Gun!!!

You must care how things were handled in the past. The new regime slowly being worked in also must care. It is clear instruction on what the fans must not tolerate and clear instruction for the new regime on what not to be. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, GMG81 said:

You must care how things were handled in the past. The new regime slowly being worked in also must care. It is clear instruction on what the fans must not tolerate and clear instruction for the new regime on what not to be. 

This fan base has never been good at either accepting or learning from its own mistakes.

Its no coincidence the athletic department and the university administration is the same way when it comes to athletics. 

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, GMG81 said:

Agree.

Also, I just finished reading the full report. I highly recommend everyone here take the time and give it a thorough read. I'll be surprised if you don't have a strong emotional response. 

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, Army of Dad said:

Agree.

Also, I just finished reading the full report. I highly recommend everyone here take the time and give it a thorough read. I'll be surprised if you don't have a strong emotional response. 

Smoke came out of my ears last night when I read the short report. 

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, GMG81 said:

I don't need what happened in the past to determine what I expect today! I expect a hell of a lot more than just improve on the past! There is obviously a Prez Smat game plan in place and I am very excited and thankful !

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2