DRC: breaking - Consultants report critical of UNT

Brett Vito

15 pages and it had a lot of pictures, eh? That's good consulting.

Also, since I'm looking on mobile, is there a full copy of it anywhere on the DRC site I'm not seeing?

Edited by Quoner
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

I suspect anyone close to the Athletic department could have issued something similar.    I have never understood how anyone familiar with the current athletic scene could have been gullible enough to believe RV's bull about top-notch facilities. 

RV's biggest problem was his lack of fund raising which effects everything.   Surely there is a lot more about that in the report than indicated in Vito's story.   

I am a little puzzled by their recommendation that the debt service for the stadium be moved from the athletic department to the school.  There has to be  more to that than just transferring the debt.  Certainly goes against RV's constant harangue about the Super Pit being an university not athletic department building.  Also this report seems to verify my suspicions that RV's failure to more adequately finance Apogee through donations is a big drain on the athletic department. 

Most damning component of this report is the higher than most peers cost of administration of the athletic department.   This is frankly incredible based on the many failures of RV's administration.  

I am confident that everything in this report was known prior to the review.  This analysis should have been done a decade sooner.  However, it certainly supports the change in leadership and provides ammunition for future athletic funding.  Money well spend.  

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, Brett Vito said:

This is greatness! Yea we all new what was wrong but coming from a third party of business proffessionals make it a 1000% more powerful! It will dramatically increase the chances for a higher budget and increase the desire to make a donation. Prez Smat has handled all this top notch! GMG 

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

I think many on this board alone could have given a similar report in far less time...as in 10 minutes. Glad it only took them 4 or 5 months and how much? 20K? Money not well spent. It's money that could have been invested into our widely known problems. 

The most bitter part of this report other than it being an unnecessary expense is that we are still going to be paying Rick how much over how long? 

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 17

5 minutes ago, GMG81 said:

I think many on this board alone could have given a similar report in far less time...as in 10 minutes. Glad it only took them 4 or 5 months and how much? 20K? Money not well spent. It's money that could have been invested into our widely known problems. 

The most bitter part of this report other than it being an unnecessary expense is that we are still going to be paying Rick how much over how long? 

And the crazies down voting this post were the same crazies ready to go down with RV in his incompetent ship. More things change the more they stay the same. Rick was a burden on this athletic department like possibly no AD has ever been anywhere from coast to coast. And we have to pay him to go away? Handsomely I might add. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 17