• 30%
    • 40%
    • 50%
    • 60%
    • 70%
    • 80%
    • 90%+

12 minutes ago, GMG81 said:

I guess the theory of both teams will have the same amount of players on the field from the opening kick to the final horn and everywhere in between. Oh, and of course we both start with the same amount of points at 0. So given that I would have to say it is 50/50. 

Hmmm.  I think most prognosticators consider more factors than that.  Maybe you can clue them in.

14 minutes ago, GMG81 said:

I guess the theory of both teams will have the same amount of players on the field from the opening kick to the final horn and everywhere in between. Oh, and of course we both start with the same amount of points at 0. So given that I would have to say it is 50/50. 

That is not exactly how it works.  Would you still say the chances of winning are even if say the Denver Broncos played a team from the Denton All Stars Youth League?

According to your logic, chances to win would be even for either team. 

Is it? Is it really?

19 minutes ago, Travis said:

That is not exactly how it works.  Would you still say the chances of winning are even if say the Denver Broncos played a team from the Denton All Stars Youth League?

According to your logic, chances to win would be even for either team. 

Is it? Is it really?

We're playing a conference foe at home. Not Super Bowl Champs. 

10 hours ago, GMG81 said:

We're playing a conference foe at home. Not Super Bowl Champs. 

My point is that it isn't a 50/50 toss up and not every game is just because the score is zero when they begin and that there are only 2 teams playing.

They are better than us and arguably significantly better than us. We will have to really bring our best for it to be considered close to an even chance.  The odds are against us and rightfully so. I hope we beat those odds. But, it looks like a bigger mountain to climb than you may realize.   

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Greendylan said:

Yes, provided we tossed up a 100-sided die and 99 of the sides read, "Alabama Wins."

13 minutes ago, Travis said:

My point is that it isn't a 50/50 toss up and not every game is just because the score is zero when they begin and that there are only 2 teams playing.

My guess is you two were required to take a statistics class for your degree...

20 hours ago, Cerebus said:

My reaction to JayDub posting again:

ql88vpV.gif

And y'all all thought we were in Mean Green heaven (or the other place).✳️

Welcome back home, JayDub.?

At some point in life we all eventually want to get back home.  

"There's no place like home." (Dorothy, Wizard of Oz)

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

38 minutes ago, TripleGrad said:

I guess it depends on whether we take out a third opponent QB.

I was going to bite my tongue on that one...glad I wasn't the only one thinking it.  WTF is up with Wheeler?!  Geez.  What a beast.  And I know he doesn't mean it, and is just trying to play tough ball, but dayum!