3-2 makes history for Littrell!

Andrew

12 minutes ago, Quoner said:

Since Gooding, Mailbox and a few others seem to have benched themselves the last few weeks, it's good to see Andrew step up - especially with our depth so shaky this season. 

I had high hopes for @Bobbie Jo and @MoeVil but they didn't make the grade. that's the risk you take when you go JUCO heavy, I suppose. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

I listened to the coaches show this morning and Hank did refer to the "modern" D1 era.  However, I think it's a mistake to refer to it this way.  It still lessens the accomplishments we've had in our long history.  Just refer to is as "when we returned to D1".  Hank could easily have mentioned that many times we have been 3-2 or better in our history.  This sounds like Hank is wording it to make the past look worse so the present can look better.  it's a very RV thing to do and it really needs to stop.  

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

55 minutes ago, NorthTexan95 said:

I listened to the coaches show this morning and Hank did refer to the "modern" D1 era.  However, I think it's a mistake to refer to it this way.  It still lessens the accomplishments we've had in our long history.  Just refer to is as "when we returned to D1".  Hank could easily have mentioned that many times we have been 3-2 or better in our history.  This sounds like Hank is wording it to make the past look worse so the present can look better.  it's a very RV thing to do and it really needs to stop.  

What would you classify the drop to 1AA and the time after returning to 1A (now called FBS) as? For more and more alumni, the time after the mid 90s is more "modern" considering those graduating in 2020 may not have been born in the 20th century.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

23 minutes ago, scratch1976 said:

just so u know which I think most do, those Miss St. L's  turned to W's due to cheating by Miss St. using ineligible players...that's how we have record 10-1 ... all those Miss. St. L's turned to W's back in the 70's ... cheaters never win!

Cheaters never win, but NT in all their wisdom hired their coach.  Who lasted a total of one year.  

26 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

Cheaters never win, but NT in all their wisdom hired their coach.  Who lasted a total of one year.  

And he managed to get the NCAA sniffing around over letting football players use the office phone while posting a 2 win record. 

When anyone tries to suggest Dodge was our worse coach they need to look at how Bob Tyler did!

6 hours ago, NorthTexan95 said:

Thanks I was listening over the radio and may have missed that part. Still pretty impressive for UNT to start a season off like this. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

Thanks I was listening over the radio and may have missed that part. Still pretty impressive for UNT to start a season off like this. 

What I get out of this is that we have the worst schedule makers, possibly in the country, setting up shop in Denton since '94.  Here's to Wren putting a stop to the madness.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, greenjoe said:

It was my understanding that when one team forfeits a win, rather than the offended team getting a win, the game is just not counted toward the season total.  

Beat Middle

GO MEAN GREEN

You're thinking of vacating wins.  When a team has to forfeit, the opposing team is actually credited with a win.

• Upvote 1