Seth Littrell Full post Rice Press Conference

Harry

6 hours ago, chrisfisher said:

He looks like he is about to bust off laughing... not sure what he was holding back his smile??? I wonder if he thought the questions were so obvious that they were silly?

That can be a weird adjustment for someone talking to the media for the first time (especially if it's the same media members and line of questioning).

The reporters need the quote to be from the interviewee so they ask a lot of what can sound like dumb questions. When it's friendly media they are just trying to get a decent quote and help set up the interview subject for easier answers.

SL gave a great answer about Middle: that they spread it, aren't pass happy, he's known Franklin, the D Coordinator likes to give different looks. Bret followed that with "yeah the QB is good right? Gotta be tough?" 

I realize he isn't too interested in the nitty gritty of football strategy but he could have explored the Franklin thing more, asked about going against a similar offense and how that helps/hurts prep, 

Could also have followed up on SL's mention of coaches learning. I know i was critical of GH and his calls. How have Seth and Graham improved/learned from the first four games etc. 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, 97and03 said:

A couple margaritas at lunch?

Ha! As good a guess as any.  

He is clearly fighting a smile... and he even smiles several times that seem out of place, almost holding back a laugh. I wonder if he is reflecting on the differences between busy press conferences at N. Carolina vs. talking to 2 people at UNT?  If he starts to win, this will change... just hang in there coach!

Edited by chrisfisher
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, aztecskin said:

SL gave a great answer about Middle: that they spread it, aren't pass happy, he's known Franklin, the D Coordinator likes to give different looks. Bret followed that with "yeah the QB is good right? Gotta be tough?" 

I realize he isn't too interested in the nitty gritty of football strategy but he could have explored the Franklin thing more, asked about going against a similar offense and how that helps/hurts prep, 

Could also have followed up on SL's mention of coaches learning. I know i was critical of GH and his calls. How have Seth and Graham improved/learned from the first four games etc. 

There have been a few times where a more probing question was asked and SL shut down immediately. One word answers, harsh response, etc...

Its usually pretty easy to get a coach to talk about a good player so maybe Vito was looking to keep SL rolling? Maybe Vito was looking for back up to a Muts QB is better than we've had for a decade (except for the glorious DT 2013 season) storyline.

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Army of Dad said:

There have been a few times where a more probing question was asked and SL shut down immediately. One word answers, harsh response, etc...

Its usually pretty easy to get a coach to talk about a good player so maybe Vito was looking to keep SL rolling? Maybe Vito was looking for back up to a Muts QB is better than we've had for a decade (except for the glorious DT 2013 season) storyline.

While that may have been the case, and I understand the tendency for writers to ask questions that fill out their stories, I don't like it and among the smarter sportswriters I follow that cover the NBA, NFL, college, they do not either. 

-----

Could someone tell the parking pass story again? I have only got bits and pieces over time. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Army of Dad said:

That can be a weird adjustment for someone talking to the media for the first time (especially if it's the same media members and line of questioning).

The reporters need the quote to be from the interviewee so they ask a lot of what can sound like dumb questions. When it's friendly media they are just trying to get a decent quote and help set up the interview subject for easier answers.

Vito's weren't terrible, but the NT Daily's (I assume, since he sounded the youngest) were. The first question was more of a statement (or he was answering the question himself), which is why SL didn't understand at first. It sounded like NT Daily already had an article written about getting folks "on board", and just needed to fill in some quotes.

Like @aztecskin mentioned, both offenses are similar, so it would be an interesting avenue to explore. Can we defend against our own system? et cetruh et cetruh 

I wish they published the true post game press conference like they usually do.   The video above is really the prep for MTSU press conference.  I'm looking for a post game presser from the night of the game.  Usually includes the coach and maybe some players.  It doesn't look like they put one out from the Rice game.  Below is an example from Florida. 

• Upvote 1