Bowl Projections

dml7007

2 minutes ago, dml7007 said:

Would be happy with either one of these.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/17634221/college-football-bowl-projections-2016-season-week-5

Gildan New Mexico Bowl

University Stadium, Albuquerque
Dec. 17, 2 p.m. (ESPN)

Schlabach: Nevada vs. Old Dominion
McMurphy: Colorado State vs. North Texas

Zaxby's Heart of Dallas Bowl

Cotton Bowl Stadium, Dallas
Dec. 27, noon (ESPN)

Schlabach: Kansas State vs. North Texas
McMurphy: Kansas State vs. Colorado

WTF.....LOL

• Upvote 2

Just now, Cerebus said:

I don't think we become bowl eligible this year.  However if SL can come in and get this program to a bowl game in his first year, we better start buttering up Graham Harrell, because SL will be gone soon.  

I think it's possible to make a bowl this year considering how bad CUSA is. If we continue to improve week to week like we have, I think we can steal a few close games. 

All that said, I hope Coach Littrell will be our Coach Herman and stay loyal to NT. At least until his dream job becomes available.

• Upvote 6

1 minute ago, cdizzle86 said:

All that said, I hope Coach Littrell will be our Coach Herman and stay loyal to NT. At least until his dream job becomes available.

LSU, Texas, USC and ND will probably all be open next year.  Don't think UH is going to keep Herman.  

But yes, SL turning down P5 offers until Stoops retired would obviously be a dream come true for us.  

8 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

I don't think we become bowl eligible this year.  However if SL can come in and get this program to a bowl game in his first year, we better start buttering up Graham Harrell, because SL will be gone soon.  

Agree.  It would be an incredible turnaround to see a team go from a dis-interested 1-11 season to bowl-eligible in 1 year.

I'll be at either of those bowl games with 100% certainty.   Would love either scenario, but I'm not holding my breath.

9 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

Great point and a real concern at some point. I believe you have 2 candidates with Eck... Work hard to keep both. A quick turnaround could mean quick exits.

• Upvote 1

IMO we would have to win one of the next two games to have a realistic shot at 6 or more wins. 

Even though we won we did not look like a bowl team in the Rice game. There are a lot of things that would have to improve.

With that said, the win will go a long way toward getting the players to buy in and that is easily half the battle. We probably have enough talent to compete, but they have to be bought in and they have to be more disciplined. 

• Upvote 3

35 minutes ago, dml7007 said:

Would be happy with either one of these. Not sure I am ready to go this far, but nice to see us on list like this instead of bottom 10.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/17634221/college-football-bowl-projections-2016-season-week-5

Gildan New Mexico Bowl

University Stadium, Albuquerque
Dec. 17, 2 p.m. (ESPN)

Schlabach: Nevada vs. Old Dominion
McMurphy: Colorado State vs. North Texas

Zaxby's Heart of Dallas Bowl

Cotton Bowl Stadium, Dallas
Dec. 27, noon (ESPN)

Schlabach: Kansas State vs. North Texas
McMurphy: Kansas State vs. Colorado

Well I would sure be posting this on bulletin boards throughout the Athletic Center and dressing rooms.  Not a chance of it happening, but could give the players confidence.

33 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

Great point and a real concern at some point. I believe you have 2 candidates with Eck... Work hard to keep both. A quick turnaround could mean quick exits.

Not sure how everyone else feels about this, but I'm liking Perry a ton.  His game planning is incredible, the kids are executing, and watching him on the sidelines during the game is fun.  Totally engaged.

Is consideration given to ST coaches? I can't believe we are talking about this in Littrell year one.  Hope we don't jinx them.

• Upvote 2

This kind of knocks the credibility of McMurphy and he's usually pretty spot on. I projected 6-6, but I had a SMU win in there. By having SMU in there it gave us wiggle room to lose one elsewhere. With losing to those nose thumbers, there is no room for error to get to 6 wins. We will HAVE to split Marshall/Middle to get to 3 wins. We will need to beat UTEP/nutsack/Army....All three are on the road and we have a young team. if we lose to UTEP we still HAVE to beat nutsack and Army. If we were to only take 2 or those 3, we HAVE to beat La Tech on Homecoming. 

At this point the only game I see as an absolute loss is @ WKU. They are a strong team and we go to them. 

Just now, greenminer said:

Not sure how everyone else feels about this, but I'm liking Perry a ton.  His game planning is incredible, the kids are executing, and watching him on the sidelines during the game is fun.  Totally engaged.

Is consideration given to ST coaches? I can't believe we are talking about this in Littrell year one.  Hope we don't jinx them.

Littler isn't going anywhere. At least not until the end of next year at the absolute earliest.  He gets us to 10-2 or thereabouts next year then we may need to consider opening the checkbook to keep schools like Houston or SMU away. I will say this...He is the kind of coach you give an extension to after a 9-4/10-3 type season (Not McCarney). We can get giddy and all, but I am still kind of waiting on February to roll around. That is when games are won and at this point I am still a little skeptical. 

1 hour ago, Cerebus said:

Remember, technically a 5-7 team can be bowl elligible. 

2 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

For that to happen, the conference would have to not be able to fill it's bowl slots, no other FBS team could fill those slots for CUSA, and we would have to have the top APR among 5 win teams.  

I know just stating the possibility. 

1 hour ago, Cerebus said:

From what I've seen from the coaches so far, I'm not sure Harrell is the one I'd want to stay on as HC were Littrell to get hired away.  Not yet, anyway.

But yes, projecting us to go to a bowl at this point is borderline insanity.

• Upvote 1