Fine's Toughness

El Paso Eagle

Let me stay I believe Fine may become a very very special quarterback for North Texas.  I love his toughness but hope he learns to take a few less hits. I must also be honest his height still is a concern, but nothing that will stop him.  That being said we may be the first team to find our five best lineman then line them up left to right in order of height. 

Edited by El Paso Eagle
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 4

1 minute ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Let me stay I believe Fine may become a very very special quarterback for North Texas.  I love his toughness but hope he learns to take a few less hits. I must also honest his height still is a concern, but nothing that will stop him.  That being said we may be the first team to find our five best lineman then line them up left to right in order of height. 

Why? He's had one batted ball that I can recall.  

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

7 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Is not only about balls being batted down.  Hat does impact the lanes he is able to see. That is  nothing against him it is just a reality  

I am curious what throwing lanes you think he can't see?  I haven't seen him miss a lane or not be able to throw a certain ball because of his height yet.  

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

2 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Let me stay I believe Fine may become a very very special quarterback for North Texas.  I love his toughness but hope he learns to take a few less hits. I must also be honest his height still is a concern, but nothing that will stop him.  That being said we may be the first team to find our five best lineman then line them up left to right in order of height. 

Might b a little of a concern, but you watch how quick, quick he drops back and sets his feet that will help. I agree on the hits and on a special Qb ! GMG 

• Upvote 2

44 minutes ago, edcollopy said:

I would still like to see him more on designed roll outs

Only problem with sprint outs it limits you to half the field, while I agree some designed stuff with 3 options is good just have to be careful doing it to much.  Also not sure how much sprint out is used in air raid. 

• Upvote 1

Well, just what was Johnny "Football" Manziel's "real" height?  

Mason Fine plays tall. I just watched the Rice/North Texas highlights on You Tube  & gosh darn that kid has a field presence & a command of what's going on.  I hear he spends over-time watching film of our opponents.  Keep him healthy, he "IS" special (as all our players are).

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Wag Tag said:

Might b a little of a concern, but you watch how quick, quick he drops back and sets his feet that will help. I agree on the hits and on a special Qb ! GMG 

I really hope that he  ends up being one of those special players who defies the odds. I hope  in the future that people look back and say that Doug Flutie was his generations Mason Fine.

• Upvote 2

I love his bounce back.  The UNT story is many times one of seeking out opportunities and turning then into greatness.  When Fine would make a mistake he would fire back on the same series or next with a gutsier play and outcome.

he is living the values of and proof of the UNT way.  

GMG

• Upvote 1

On 9/26/2016 at 1:25 AM, TreeFiddy said:

Loved the run around the left side in the 4th when he stiff armed 2 defenders on his way to picking up a first down at the one.  Just a baller.

Loved the stiff arm, was not as happy with going helmet to helmet at the end of that run. He looked a little woozy after it.