I don't wanna hear IT!!!!!

emmitt01

2 hours ago, Harry said:

Gotta give Jeff Wilson a lot of credit tonight.  

No doubt about that, my next best were Ivery (glad coaches stuck with him and pushed the grade issue in the spring), Fine, Buyers, Elex Woolworth even with the 2 holds, dude stepped in as a RS Freshman and BALLED! 

8 hours ago, Cerebus said:

It was pretty annoying to have UNT90 come in and constantly remind people when he felt he was right about something.  However, at least he was willing to stand up and say something in the first place.

I guess what I am saying is that if you really wanted the right to come in and point fingers as those you felt had given up, you should have been vocal when we were down 17 and said we were going to come back.  Otherwise you are asking to have your cake and eat it too.  

That's why you play 4 quarters! Or 5 or 6 ! The emotion of college ball nothing like it! GmgGMG

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, GMG24 said:

No doubt about that, my next best were Ivery (glad coaches stuck with him and pushed the grade issue in the spring), Fine, Buyers, Elex Woolworth even with the 2 holds, dude stepped in as a RS Freshman and BALLED! 

Four games into going from offense to defense and Mr. Buyers is the games top receiver.  Well done. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, MEANGREENCOACH2 said:

any word on why Woolworth was in the game?  was there an injury or did he just win the job in practice?

He started at LT. Looks like he won the job over Jordan Murray who was embarrassed at Florida. He had the key block on Wilson's long TD run to seal the left side.

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, MEANGREENCOACH2 said:

i knew Murray played there the previous weeks and even a little last year was just curious if something happened to him.  Glad to hear Littrel is holding all players accountable and truly playing the best 11 at a time!

I think you will still see Murray, just not as much.  They also shuffled the interior line around a few times.  I could only listen and not watch as I was at a wedding and had no wifi so streaming wasn't an option. 

I am still baffled about Chris Myles, I think we see him at some point this season as well.  Wylie Reinhardt got some snaps at guard as well when Keenan went down.   Murray has to get quicker feet and better technique, he will be a player for us just needs more time to get adjusted.  There is a reason he didn't have 15-20 offers.  You, unfortunately, are seeing in game action what the big schools were scared about.  I believe he'll get it fixed and our OL will be solid for years to come.  Playing some really young guys in there. 

Edited by GMG24
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, MGNation92 said:

Woodworth also had a few costly holding calls on a couple of TD's. 

One of them was simply taking the wrong steps.  Easy to correct, the other he got whooped because he's a RS Freshman.

4 hours ago, FirefightnRick said:

24...think if he were to drop some weight it would help?

Rick

No doubt, I think its less about dropping weight and more about getting more lean muscle.  I honestly expect our OL to include Murray, Miles, Woodworth, and 2 freshman signees next season to compete, obviously Barr playing center or Donovan (Freshman from College Station playing center and Barr playing guard).  He was in a Pro-style offense at Coppell where he could fire off lean and run smaller guys, he experienced similar offense here.  Now he is out in space and has to move backwards and laterally against guys who are much quicker than he is.  Needs to get hands on earlier and keep his shoulder square to LOS, once he turns those shoulders he's done and he may as well start hollering LOOK OUT!! If you get to rewatch this game, or beyond the green you'll hear Perry talking to the RB's about protection and checking.  They missed a few protections early on where they should have helped Murray because they had no threat.  However, since they didn't check backside it resulted in a Sack.  Fastforward to Ivery's TD catch vs Rice, you'll see Wilson step up into A Gap, see no threat then check backside where both his guard and his Tackle are beat.  He knows where Fine is going to step up so he leaves Guard by himself and goes to chip the End who has the edge on Woodworth.  Excellent piece of coaching, being coachable, and pick up by Wilson.  Man I love me some good football.  GMG

• Upvote 2

On 9/24/2016 at 10:08 PM, Cougar King said:

It's just Rice. Lol you don't see me making threads about beating Texas State 64-3 and they're arguably a better team.

Be careful gloating. It is a long season. If memory serves UCONN served up the Cougars some humble pie. UCONN isn't a football powerhouse either. 

Don't be a dick. That advice is free.

• Upvote 1

On 9/25/2016 at 5:18 PM, GMG24 said:

No doubt, I think its less about dropping weight and more about getting more lean muscle.  I honestly expect our OL to include Murray, Miles, Woodworth, and 2 freshman signees next season to compete, obviously Barr playing center or Donovan (Freshman from College Station playing center and Barr playing guard).  He was in a Pro-style offense at Coppell where he could fire off lean and run smaller guys, he experienced similar offense here.  Now he is out in space and has to move backwards and laterally against guys who are much quicker than he is.  Needs to get hands on earlier and keep his shoulder square to LOS, once he turns those shoulders he's done and he may as well start hollering LOOK OUT!! If you get to rewatch this game, or beyond the green you'll hear Perry talking to the RB's about protection and checking.  They missed a few protections early on where they should have helped Murray because they had no threat.  However, since they didn't check backside it resulted in a Sack.  Fastforward to Ivery's TD catch vs Rice, you'll see Wilson step up into A Gap, see no threat then check backside where both his guard and his Tackle are beat.  He knows where Fine is going to step up so he leaves Guard by himself and goes to chip the End who has the edge on Woodworth.  Excellent piece of coaching, being coachable, and pick up by Wilson.  Man I love me some good football.  GMG

This was good football. Plugged the A gap, nothing crossed his face. Whipped his head around to blindside and attacked. 

I also think Murray sets his feet way too soon. Those feet have to constantly be churning until he engages. He sets up and anticipates and that leaves him vulnerable. A good OL coach will get him rolling probably sooner than later. I'm excited to have someone like Murray on the bench. He has to take this time to buy in to the coaching and he'll improve substantially. 

On September 25, 2016 at 0:06 PM, GMG24 said:

I think you will still see Murray, just not as much.  They also shuffled the interior line around a few times.  I could only listen and not watch as I was at a wedding and had no wifi so streaming wasn't an option. 

I am still baffled about Chris Myles, I think we see him at some point this season as well.  Wylie Reinhardt got some snaps at guard as well when Keenan went down.   Murray has to get quicker feet and better technique, he will be a player for us just needs more time to get adjusted.  There is a reason he didn't have 15-20 offers.  You, unfortunately, are seeing in game action what the big schools were scared about.  I believe he'll get it fixed and our OL will be solid for years to come.  Playing some really young guys in there. 

I watched Jordan closely last year and this year. For his size, he has unbelievably quick feet and hands. Watching him kick slide in warmups last year, I was really impressed. Key word here is for his size. I think his size may also play into his stamina because he does appear to slow down quite a bit as the game progresses. Everyone slows down as the game goes on, he just drops off a cliff. He's still young and has a few more off seasons to get under him to improve his core, hip, & leg strength. He's going to be an anchor on the line sooner than later, IMO. 

Edited by Got5onIt