Ahhh memories

emmitt01

6 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

Rice bathrooms have a piss wall

Funny (?), i thought the same thing!

16 minutes ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

They had sweet cool A/C in there though. 

not the one I went to...

16 minutes ago, DeepGreen said:

How hard could pissing on the trough wall be to spell "Tony"?  Try spelling Bartholomew, then you might have some potential.

I would try for "was here" or last name as well. It got so much easier once they taught me cursive. 

I always wondered if that is what inspired cursive script? 

This seems like a good place to re-tell one of my favorite North Texas stories, involving the late (and great) band director.... Maurice McAdow. This story was told to me by my old HS band buddy, Chuck Rann, who was a member of the North Texas Band at the time of the telling.

As you may or may not know, one of Mr. McAdows favorite words when he was drilling the band was "Flourish". He explained to any new band member that it means "shoulders back and instrument up". After a particularly grueling day of practice at Fouts with Mr. McAdow frequently yelling "flourish, flourish" at the band, the practice was finally over. My friend said that before returning to his dorm room, he (and other male band members) went into the restroom at Fouts and stood at the "pee wall" to relieve themselves. As they were about to "conduct business" they looked at the wall, and there written at eye level were the words/command.........FLOURISH!, FLOURISH!

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

25 minutes ago, tmjerm said:

I really love Rice stadium.  Great piece of history.  You can feel the SWC in it.  I think because it's so big and their crowds are so small you get an understanding of glory days gone by.  I hope it sticks around in similar form for a long long time.  

Many don't know there was a super bowl played there as well.  I think of that each time I'm in the stadium and how much the NFL has changed and grown since that game. 

4 hours ago, tmjerm said:

I really love Rice stadium.  Great piece of history.  You can feel the SWC in it.  I think because it's so big and their crowds are so small you get an understanding of glory days gone by.  I hope it sticks around in similar form for a long long time.  

The history is certainly deep. However, as a venue for Rice it's completely impractical. They should tear down those upper decks and make a nice suite / club level on the home side.