Will we win again? Massey says no...

EagleGreen

The Massey Composite has us ranked 126th out of 128 ( http://www.masseyratings.com/cf/compare.htm). As a further hit to the sack, the predictions have us nowhere close to winning another game (http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=5584&s=286577 ). Fuuuuuuu.....

Edited by EagleGreen

4 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

That computer hasn't seen our defense and doesn't account for improvement throughout the year.

I say again. This.

For those that doubted earlier please see Rice victory this team is going to surprise people in conference play. There is a lot we have still not seen from young players getting their first college experience.

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, MDH said:

Easily the worst offense I've ever seen at the FBS level coupled with one of the worst defenses. 

I guess you did not see our offense last year, and SMU's two years ago. Hell the list can go on and on. I guess you don't get to see much. 

5 hours ago, Travis said:

I would likely agree. :(

4 hours ago, NT91 said:

True no more wins in 2016.

4 hours ago, 97and03 said:

This

4 hours ago, MDH said:

Easily the worst offense I've ever seen at the FBS level coupled with one of the worst defenses. 

May I introduce to you.....................................ANOTHER WIN!!!!

Look at you now!!

dick grindr like greece looks

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

Everyone calm down.  This team is a lot better than last years team.  Still doesn't mean were likely to win many more this year.

I hope everyone who is super pumped after beating a winless team is still pumped if MTSU and Marshall come in and beat us the next two weeks.   SL still needs time to get our scholarship numbers up.  

4 hours ago, NT91 said:

True no more wins in 2016.

You must have been in the chat earlier.

4 hours ago, MDH said:

And you were probably in there too.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

1 minute ago, Cerebus said:

Everyone calm down.  This team is a lot better than last years team.  Still doesn't mean were likely to win many more this year.

I hope everyone who is super pumped after beating a winless team is still pumped if MTSU and Marshall come in and beat us the next two weeks.   SL still needs time to get our scholarship numbers up.  

I feel it is always hard to be pumped up about a lose, but if we keep it close in each game I will be happy. not pumped. If we split those two games I will be very pumped. It seems like San Antonio and Utep are winnable.  What about La Tech? 

I would like to point out in conference play we are tied for 1st place at the moment. 

I expected 2 wins this year so everything else is gravy for me now. I do expect to beat San Antonio so I guess now I am expect to have three wins now. 

16 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

Can someone help Cerebus and me out here? Can some one replace "Winter is" with "WINS ARE"????

Image result for winter is coming meme

1 minute ago, Withers940 said:

Can someone help Cerebus and me out here? Can some one replace "Winter is" with "WINS ARE"????

Image result for winter is coming meme

We're going to lose a lot more games this year, and that is fine.  We're still showing improvement.  That is what you need to brace for, who the hell needs to brace for wins?  Wins are great. 

2 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

We're going to lose a lot more games this year, and that is fine.  We're still showing improvement.  That is what you need to brace for, who the hell needs to brace for wins?  Wins are great. 

After winning 5 games the last two seasons, I feel like we need to let everyone know, Change is upon us.

A Win is Great. Putting 6 together in a season is so much better

• Upvote 2

Just now, Withers940 said:

After winning 5 games the last two seasons, I feel like we need to let everyone know, Change is upon us.

A Win is Great. Putting 6 together in a season is so much better

Are you expecting 4 more wins this year?  We're at the point right now that we can't depend on wins and losses to show us improvement.  Just being competitive in tough games like MTSU and Marshall (who are on entirely different level than Rice) will be big improvement. 

I'll be there cheering and of course I'll be down that night if we lose those games.  Bit if the game is in doubt in the middle of the fourth then by the next morning I'll be able to process that it is progress.  

3 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

Are you expecting 4 more wins this year?  We're at the point right now that we can't depend on wins and losses to show us improvement.  Just being competitive in tough games like MTSU and Marshall (who are on entirely different level than Rice) will be big improvement. 

I'll be there cheering and of course I'll be down that night if we lose those games.  Bit if the game is in doubt in the middle of the fourth then by the next morning I'll be able to process that it is progress.  

No, I'm not expecting 4 more wins. I predicted 4 wins total so we are half way there. I just want to be competitive and recruit kids to make us even better next year

I'm there every step of the way. Whether we go 1-11 or 9-4, I'm there. I was born rooting for this and I will die rooting for this.

Cerebus, why are we fighting? We are supposed to be a Surveillance team!!!

• Upvote 1

Just now, GMG81 said:

I am kind of the notion that the games aren't decided by us but by the team. 

CFB is 80% recruiting  The team is made up by the coaches.  Mac and his staff did a bad job recruiting.  

As far s I am concerned the SL staff has earned a solid B+ by getting this team to 2-2.  The thing is even if we end up 3-9 that grade won't go down much for me as long as we stay competitive and engaged.   

We'll really find out how good SL and his staff is next February.