Where's the UNT offer?

Cooley

This is my nephew (great). I continue to talk up UNT but no offer from the Mean Green. Class of 2018. Offers from many Big 12 and other P5's but no UNT. He really loves Nebraska from his visit. He hears from them often. Does not like Baylor because he had to pay parking on his visit. Has visited UT and A&M and offers are pending. Grades should not be a problem but he is struggling with his spanish class this semester.  Rated as one of the top DL nationally in the 18 class. Will be a top 50 in Texas.

http://247sports.com/Player/Calvin-Avery-84052

• Upvote 7

I mean as a '18 DT he already has OU, Colorado, Indiana, Baylor, Illinois, Miss St, Nebraska, OSU, Rice, and UTSA. Not acceptable IMO that UTSA and Rice have offered and we haven't IMO.

Edited by GMG24
  • Upvote 7

9 hours ago, Cooley said:

I know UTSA was first, followed closely by  Illinois, Colorado and Rice (in some order) Don't think he is active on twitter. I seriously would like to see UNT offer so I can work on him more. (My sister's grandson) Me bringing him up to Denton on an unoffical is not a problem.    

Let him meet Bryce English and company, maybe Raveon will get cleared by the NCAA by then.  

• Upvote 4

16 hours ago, Cooley said:

This is my nephew (great). I continue to talk up UNT but no offer from the Mean Green. Class of 2018. Offers from many Big 12 and other P5's but no UNT. He really loves Nebraska from his visit. He hears from them often. Does not like Baylor because he had to pay parking on his visit. Has visited UT and A&M and offers are pending. Grades should not be a problem but he is struggling with his spanish class this semester.  Rated as one of the top DL nationally in the 18 class. Will be a top 50 in Texas.

There's a link here for all the coaches, or the general unt coach email as well.

http://www.meangreensports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/m-footbl-prospective-sa.html 

• Upvote 3

22 hours ago, Cooley said:

If UNT came into the running, would he really consider us? or his mind set on going to a Power 5 school?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

On 9/20/2016 at 8:01 AM, GMG24 said:

Let him meet Bryce English and company, maybe Raveon will get cleared by the NCAA by then.  

If this kid were to come for a visit, could english interact with him on the sidelines/in the stands? would be great to have players like Orr/Quinn/Robertson/Dunbar on the sideline as well at the same time

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/24/2016 at 4:50 PM, DeepGreen said:

Those guys are Alumni.  I don't think they can interact with a recruit.  Especially if the donate to UNT Athletics.

I'm pretty sure that family members are an exception.  Maybe even friends of the family if they've known him since he was small (and especially if they have the parents' permission).

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On 9/19/2016 at 6:36 PM, Cooley said:

He could always go to HCJC! Oops, I mean, Trinity Valley!

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, MeanGreenHoops said:

Maybe except for @Cooley being a good fan and related.

No doubt. I want to offer the kid too, but He's going to end up with 25 + offers if he keeps grades up and is good off the field.  This kid is REALLY REALLY good! 

• Upvote 1