Important information in regards to Rice game video stream

Harry

6 minutes ago, Cerebus said:

Remember the feed is from the schools.  CUSA just distributes it.  This is on Rice.  The NT broadcast (I was told) looked very professional.  

The NT feed looked great. I'm not able to get to a lot of games so I look foward to watching more NT broadcasts like it. Is our RTVF school involved?

• Upvote 1

Yes I had all the same issues.  The Rice folks should be ashamed about that.  They took their in stadium video feed for the game and after about the 1st quarter got the audio synced up.  It was God awful.  It was like when North Texas would do that about 3-5 years ago.  Super bush league and terrible.  

Side note - did anyone catch the Rice analyst make the comment when one of our guys went down injured at the one yard line saying, and I am paraphrasing, "well I hope he isn't hurt but this really affect Rice's momentum and is bad.......I'm trying to be sensitive." or something along those lines.  My wife reared up and asked if that guy seriously just said it was a bigger deal that it stopped Rice's momentum and not the injury.  Tell me I'm not the only one that caught that.  I almost started a thread about it.  

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, SouthBendGreen said:

Yes I had all the same issues.  The Rice folks should be ashamed about that.  They took their in stadium video feed for the game and after about the 1st quarter got the audio synced up.  It was God awful.  It was like when North Texas would do that about 3-5 years ago.  Super bush league and terrible.  

Side note - did anyone catch the Rice analyst make the comment when one of our guys went down injured at the one yard line saying, and I am paraphrasing, "well I hope he isn't hurt but this really affect Rice's momentum and is bad.......I'm trying to be sensitive." or something along those lines.  My wife reared up and asked if that guy seriously just said it was a bigger deal that it stopped Rice's momentum and not the injury.  Tell me I'm not the only one that caught that.  I almost started a thread about it.  

I heard the same thing, but just thought it as a "homer broadcast". In general, I thought they were pretty fair. "Good play" "it wasn't a catch" stuff like that.  

33 minutes ago, SouthBendGreen said:

I used my phone and synced with tunein app Hank with the Rice video on my laptop. But the video was so bad like they were using a set of iPhone 3s mobile phones for their video on an edge network. Can you say Suckola? 

4 hours ago, Rudy said:

BTW, am I the only one who gets a weird news feed link when I click on the 88.1 Logo on the Mean Green website?

I caught that earlier too. 

The link form MGS is pointing to http://www.kntu.fm/, which is a great and appropriate URL, but is incorrect. The one they really want is http://www.kntu.com/.

6 hours ago, SouthBendGreen said:

Definitely heard it, and wasn't a fan of the color commentary guy. I understand being a homer but every time he had to give credit to North Texas, he was biting his tongue the whole time.  

That comment was very unnecessary coming from the booth, as a fan, you can say that, but not on air.  

8 hours ago, SouthBendGreen said:

That was a scary moment too.  Our player laid there a long time motionless, face down on the turf. 

4 hours ago, Cerebus said:

We've been spoiled by having incredibly good play by play men for decades.  Yes at heart they wanted the Mean Green to win, but they rarely let it bleed into outright homerism.

That terrible one sidedness is the norm in CFB broadcasts, the Rice crew maybe a little more than most.  

Lol it was so bad. "Yeah that should be reviewed, but that's just me" was said every time we made a good play. They acted like everything good that happened to us was an act of God and not talent and hustle

• Upvote 1