Dallas Stars regular season hockey returns on October 13th.

Training Camp has started and the preseason starts next Friday.

Is Nichushkin a full bust or what, I think he is very talented but not focused he has been in party mode.  This offense does not need this version of Val and he can stay in Mother Russia. 

The goose was set loose:Bang: Yeah baby Yeah I hope he does well in Phoenix. 

The Defense should be moving in the right direction now. 

Jim Nill is so good as he sculpts this team. I think goalie is next concern for him, the expansion rules may play into this. 

Will this new Defense help make Kari or Antti better? Has to? 

• 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, MDH said:

Hope to make the game Saturday night here in Denver.

I loved the Pepsi Center.  I'm hoping to make the December 3 game.  I haven't been able to watch the game yet, but great win.

Sidenote, what's the story with the guys in the mouse costumes? 

Great start! The pre-game puck drop ceremony was very emotional. It was so good to see that the NHL supports the Stars in honoring the fallen officers, UNLIKE the NFL.

11 hours ago, KingDL1 said:

Colorado seems to have our number every stinking year in Denver we should of won that one. 

Nashville was a nice win tonight.

Indeed! Now we have a nice little three-game homestand to look forward to, starting tomorrow.  GO STARS!!

I went to the game Saturday night, I guess between the injury bug and whatever, Stars played flat, Columbus looked much hungrier. It feels a bit of a kick in the pants when it feels that way, as a fan those tickets are not cheap.  Just lots of turnovers, nothing generated on plenty of powerplays. Held to shutout. Blah 

At times Klingberg looked like our best forward. I don't understand having the defense that deep so often, it turns in to breakaways and odd man rushes. 

Geez! The injury list is pitiful. Let's hope the Stars have enough to make the Jets flame out tonight so they can go on the road with some momentum.  Niemi in the net tonight?

• 2 weeks later...

Great win tonight. It makes up for having to sit in front of Jabba's sister with her feet in my chair and in my back, and her leg draped across the chair next to me a foot away from my face, smelling her stench that smelled like stale week old beer.

Edit: So I guess it's not ok for me to complain about the person single-handedly responsible for my worst experience at the AAC?

Edited by Rudy
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

:Bazinga:

Go Stars I was at the game tonight man they have no chemistry. Lots of talent and a I glad they won. But damn 

I am tired of seeing 4 guys behind the net.

Not skating to the puck on a pass. 

Not keeping a man in front of the net on the offence, and Powerplays. ( They were better tonight)

The defense going so deep without being covered.

Going into this prevent play system when up by only one or two points, it allows for too many shots. 

Passing blindly

Not shooting on net unless they have the perfect shot.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            .'/'''

I am monitoring the Stars progress (or lack thereof) but that is about all I am up for at the moment. I was excited when they got up 3 - 0 in the first period but not too excited with only six shots on goal. I was just glad they hung on for the win last night. They do have plenty of time to get it together and start a surge to the top, but right now they are hard to watch.

• Upvote 1

Go Stars!

They beat Vancouver last night, man there are a lot of names on defense I don't recognize or wonder why they are playing.

Still not playing like a team, they looked the best in the 2nd last night, got manhandled in the 1st.  

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Stars put three wins in a row together then boom two losses. I have found for the most part we suck in OT all though the game on the 23rd was OT win. We are something like 2-10 in OT. I liked  the speed we used to have but that seems to have gone away.  I see the same mistakes with new and old players year after year. This has to be a coaching issue at some point, I have never really been on the Ruff fan-wagon but I had a wait and see approach I am to the point where it would not hurt my feeling to see a change. I felt our raw talent was overcoming our mistakes, but with injures we need to stop all this silly stuff.

I been really happy with Jim Nill though, I think he has us set for the special draft this year.  

I went to my first Stars games, last Thursday and then again last night.  Had a great time!

The OT loss was anti-climactic, though.  The last half of the 3rd was amazing to watch, and the Stars' play was incredible at times, then - BAM - gave them the puck on a TO right out of the gates in sudden death OT.

• Upvote 1

This thread has me reflecting on how quickly time passes. One of my New Year's Resolutions was to clear out / organize a couple dresser drawers. I came upon my Dallas Stars 1999 Stanley Cup shirt and it launched a flood of memories. God willing, we will all live to see that again...I fear it will not be this year.

On 1/6/2017 at 0:25 PM, EagleMBA said:

This thread has me reflecting on how quickly time passes. One of my New Year's Resolutions was to clear out / organize a couple dresser drawers. I came upon my Dallas Stars 1999 Stanley Cup shirt and it launched a flood of memories. God willing, we will all live to see that again...I fear it will not be this year.

It's quite tough to define this season thus far.  Injuries, turnover in some roster, coaching etc...I'd probably say it's all of the above but I don't think this team just has it this year.  Last season they found ways to win and close games and this year it's the exact opposite.  I want Lindy to win and succeed here but I think his handling of the blue liners the last few years have been head scratching.  His handling and constant changing of lines also hasn't been a good thing many times because players can't ever get comfortable and confident with line mates without thinking if they screw up then there will be yet another shakeup.

Jedi Nill has been great but I think he also shares blame with his handling of the blue line as well and wanting to keep 8 dmen on the roster which forces Lindy to over think/shuffle as a result.  Just a really frustrating and inconsistent season that I personally don't see them going on that monster run/streak we were all hoping for.

• Upvote 1