'18 QB Jason Bean (Mansfield Lake Ridge)

GMG24

• 1 month later...
47 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

That completion percentage is concerning. Really too bad he didn't get the full reps this year to work on it. Luckily he'll get to sit the next two years and work on it before he gets thrust into a college game.

You mean like redshrting a freshman QB who isn't tuned to speed of college game, then giving him the following season as a RS freshman to sit and continue to learn the speed of the game then have 3 years to earn the job? Man what a novel concept.  Wonder how good Fine would be if he got that chance? 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

58 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

That completion percentage is concerning. Really too bad he didn't get the full reps this year to work on it. Luckily he'll get to sit the next two years and work on it before he gets thrust into a college game.

Both combined for over 150 carries. Did this change to a run first offense?

Feel like neither QB could have gotten in any rhythm with so much subbing.

3 minutes ago, Aldo said:

Both combined for over 150 carries. Did this change to a run first offense?

Feel like neither QB could have gotten in any rhythm with so much subbing.

Not sure. I haven't seen their games. But their other QB, who is not being touted as a D1 prospect as of now, completed 57% of his passes to Bean's 53%. And yeah, I think that's tough to get in a rythym and that's too bad as he heads into college.

16 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

You mean like redshrting a freshman QB who isn't tuned to speed of college game, then giving him the following season as a RS freshman to sit and continue to learn the speed of the game then have 3 years to earn the job? Man what a novel concept.  Wonder how good Fine would be if he got that chance? 

I'm not that upset that Fine didn't get to redshirt. It helps with recruiting the QBs that follow him knowing that they can create an extra year gap between him and them by redshirting since he didn't. Also, Fine was about as ready as it gets for a G5 QB signee, except for his height and being ready for the speed of the game. His height wasn't going to change from redshirting, and speed of the game was going to take live game action to really get caught up on, plus it likely sped up the process of us winning a division.

But yeah, you'd like for us to be able to redshirt all of our QBs going forward, and I think we will.

• Upvote 1

In defense of Bean, he does play in one of the most talented districts in all of high school football in the entire country.

But still, Bean's senior year stats look like the senior year stats of Connor Means. Now Means has been in our program forever, so he must be a good, hard-working kid who makes decent grades, but after three position switches, he has never had a meaningful moment during a college football game.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, BTG_Fan1 said:

Yep, they did a re-evaluation like a week or 2 ago.. sad Leblanc is not back at 3*

LeBlanc entirely shut down his recruitment, played both ways and moved to another non-texas football state. If he was on this Ryan team still he would have, but what can you do.

• Lovely Take 1

• 4 weeks later...

I only saw Bean play in one game, the quarterfinal against Highland Park.  While I was impressed with Bean, I was equally impressed with the 6'2"/6'3" WR, Malik Knowles.  He needs to put on some weight (as does Bean), but he has good ups and was constantly creating separation to catch the ball.  He finished the game with 5 catches for 118 yards and 2 TDs.  I thought he was a junior, but he's a '18 grad.

Here are some highlights from the HP game, Malik is #18.

24/7 shows he has offers from Illinois and ULM

I wonder if the staff is interested and, if so, why he hasn't been offered?

Edited by gangrene